Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info please on a HDPVR

Options
  • 12-06-2011 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi,hope you expects can help
    my son who's 11 wants a HDPVR for his bd.
    I know he uploads a lot of Modern Warfare etc videos on youtube and he says ne needs the hdpvr as all his mates in his clan have 1
    my question is this,my computer is pretty dated,(not sure of the spec)i read somewhere that the processor has to be decent ,unlike mine,is this true?and if so what spec would i need if i was to buy a new pc

thanks a lot

oh almost forgot,he's big into editing etc and wants Sony Vegas Pro for Christmas,surely that's too much for a kid his age????any cheap alternative?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

System Requirements

Note: when playing back video recordings made with the HD PVR, a fast CPU and at least 256MB of graphics memory are needed.
    • Processor Requirements (minimum): Dual core CPU 2.0GHz or faster
    • Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit), Windows Vista or Windows XP service pack 2 (32-bit).
    • Graphics with 256MB memory (or greater)
    • Sound card
    • CD-ROM drive for installing the HD PVR software

System Requirements

Note: when playing back video recordings made with the HD PVR, a fast CPU and at least 256MB of graphics memory are needed.
    • Processor Requirements (minimum): Dual core CPU 2.0GHz or faster
    • Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit), Windows Vista or Windows XP service pack 2 (32-bit).
    • Graphics with 256MB memory (or greater)
    • Sound card
    • CD-ROM drive for installing the HD PVR software

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html

I'll send you a pm on what editing software you can get .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Forum for you / him to check out: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1377 - Game recording & editing.

Couple of threads about PVR and helpful people too.

Editing wise, there are a few different packages you can get with varying pricetags. Sony Vegas has a lot of features to it. I use Cyberlink PowerDirector myself.

🤪

Advertisement