Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i get cat repelling plant in meath?

Options
  • 12-06-2011 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Coleus Canina is also known as the "pee-off plant" or the "scaredy cat" coleus. Thing is, I can't find it! Tried a couple of plant places in Meath. The one near the M3 is currently out of stock. Hopefuly they get more of them soon. In the meantime, anyone else know where I can get them?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the ratoath garden centre did have it a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

A week on and still plagued by cats and I have 16 plants around the garden. To add insult to injury, one plant has already been decimated by (presumably) slugs! I think I have thrown way toomuch money down the drain and have no choice but to continue to watch every step I take in my own garden for cat Sh*t! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I heard that you can get a bottle of big cat piss (lion or tiger etc) on the web and the smell will warn off domestic cats.

OK, I did think you were having a laugh but have googled and it is true it seems! Has anyone tried it? Bit sceptical. Lot of money and wondering if it's a scam...
    Another suggestion has been mothballs. Anyone know where I can buy them in Meath? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

I worked in a garden centre in the north and sold large numbers of this plant. The garden centre cat wasnt put off by the plants. One day while it was sleeping we surrounded it with the plants. No affect

Dont waste your money

• Advertisement

Well, wish I'd read this a couple of weeks back. total waste of time, work and worst of all, money. e50 down the toilet! Someone posted that they were effective but maybe that was just coincidental. ONly this eve, found a lovely big deposit RIGHT beside 2 plants. Havin' a laugh, these suppliers IMHO. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

i got it from ebay, a few cuttings, very cheap at the time, its easy to grow but does not like frost so keep a bit every year, it's like mint

So are you telling us it worked?? been a total waste of time and money for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

well I found that a campaign of efforts, pyracanthas thorny plants in the corners where they come in, those plants, wooden skewers stuck in the soil around where they like to do their biz, wash the place with jeyes fluid, I make a solution of jeyes fluid and dip small cheap sponges in it I place them in the garden poke them behind down pipes etc (I think this is the best), also water with lemon on it when i see them I fling a glass of it at them, they get the message and you don't hurt them.

all i do now is the occasional jeyes fluid wash and redo the sponges

It's a lot of effort but eventually they find a better place to unload in.

when i bought my place it was a cat house with about 10 living in the garden so it was difficult to shift them but def take over the smells and that should help.
    I don't know about lion wee but those plants were not the solution on their own anyway, when I said it was like mint I meant it was like the mint plant in how it looked and grew, if I was you I'd head to fairyhouse and pick up a big bottle of jeyes fluid for 12 or 15 euro.

Advertisement