Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using your baby's name on this forum?

• 12-06-2011 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I hope some day to be a parent which is why I read through this forum to get an idea of what I'd be letting myself in for - anyway I notice posters sometimes say "Daniel has a rash on his ..." or whatever from time to time.

Some of the children's names are quite distinctive and I'm wondering if it's wise to use them on the Internet?

This is not a regular chat with friends in a private place. This information is recorded and searchable years from now when your child has grown up...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Typically posters would use only a first name.

These forums are used for queries and support between parents, so I don't see any major problem discussing fairly minor details to be honest...

Plus the chances are that they aren't the only Daniel on the internet ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

No problem using my babies name on the internet i do be only saying normal stuff about her. I think i'd worry about her if she was sitting on internet googling her own name and going back years in a search. Also her name is spelt very unusual but still wouldn't bother me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

No, I have no problem using my daughters first name. I have no intentions giving out her Surname or address here so I'm sure if she googles her first name is years to come she won't anything too interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

A name isn't unique so no problems using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I don't use my son's name (or any other family members') but it's more about not wanting to be identified myself than any fears for him. There are a few people I know who use boards who probably wouldn't recognise me from just reading posts, but if there was a name linked too they might make the connection. I've nothing to hide in any of my posts, I don't generally bitch about anyone, but some of the stuff is personal and no business of theirs, so I'd rather be discreet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement