Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonus Points For Maths, What Courses Next Year?

• 12-06-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi, i'm doing the leaving cert this year.
    I don't do a science subject so i was going to sit the biology exam next year as an external candidate because i want to do either physiotherapy or nursing.
    I was just wondering will the bonus points for maths next year be awarded for these courses or are they only for maths related courses?
    thankyou :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

The bonus points for maths are just for maths, if that's what you're asking?

They can be used for any course.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

so more than likely the points for these courses are going to increase loads next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Does anyone know if bonus points count for restricted courses such as medicine/music, that kinda thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

i think they do i looked into it further and i think all universities will award them but not I.T.s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 schtroumpf94

You get bonus points for Honours Maths, but bear in mind that the 2012 Maths will be Project Maths so it won't be as simple as sitting the exam a year later! It's a new course (well, certain strands are different!).

• Advertisement
Advertisement