Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name change/new account

Options
  • 12-06-2011 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭

I am under the impression you need to be a subscriber for a name change. I dont intend to subscribe so thats out of the question. I would like to start up a new account but i think multiple accounts are banned. Would it be possible to close this account and let me start a new one without fear of being banned. I say this because despite the legendhood of the great portuguese footballer Pauleta people assume i am female. Also a user worked out who i was and posted it up all over facebook. I feel uncomfortable about my anonymity being breached. So i would like to start up a new account.

Regards

Pauleta

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You could susbcribe for the minimum of a month for €5. It'd avoid the need to regain the minimum number of posts for thanks, sigs etc, and it'd avoid people thnking you were new as well.

But otherwise, a new account is allowed, so long as it's not used to circumvent a ban/sock puppet or otherwise abused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Cheers. I dont think €5 is worth it for just changing my account name so i think i will start a new account. I promise not to use this account anymore. Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I think there are circumstances where Admin/Community Managers will do a name change if you can show that your anonymity has been compromised.

It would be worth dropping an email to hello@boards.ie in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Geog ariphic

Is there no way we are allowed to just change our names? i Know it would be confusing but there could be a list on your profile of previous names, perhaps with the option of hiding so that only mods could see it?

I just think my name is stupid and would like to change it.

Advertisement