Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange desktop icons

• 12-06-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. If not, could the mods kindly move it to the correct forum?

Basically I was deleting unused icons from my desktop and just keeping the bare minimum (2 is all I want on it) and I noticed 2 icons I've never seen before.
    They're both the same and they both look like a sheet of paper with a cog in front of it and they're named "desktop".

When I try to delete them I get this message....."Are you sure you want to move this system file to the recycle bin? If you remove this file, Windows or another program may no longer work correctly.

I don't want these 2 icons on my desktop but I also don't want to damage any systems in the computer.
    My question is, Is there a way I can safely delete these 2 icons or will I just have to live with it?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Open windows explorer. Go to folder options, click View tab
    tick hide empty drives, Hide extensions for known file types, Hide protected operating system files

The icons will disappear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

^^
    Worked perfectly. Thanks a lot for that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

You're welcome ;)

Advertisement