Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOOKING FOR A HOME LOVELY DOG

• 12-06-2011 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Looking for a home for this dog, not too up on them it looks like a lab/retriever/ and has bit huskey in it, around a child all time so no worries there- its 1 yr old white,golden colour- Cant give it the attention it needs etc walks and plenty of space- sits, goes to its corners and gives you its paw when you ask and its a male

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

there is a re homing thread here if you want to use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Also refering to him as "it" all the time is of worry, hope he finds a good home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

OP i dont want to be patronising but theres a better way of trying to rehome your dog and referring to him as "it" isnt the best way. A much better way of trying to rehome your dog is:

Im Toby, looking for a new home. This is me:
    toby.jpg

I'm friendly, obedient and only 1 year old. Great with children so far..but my current owners just dont have the time to put into me right now.You can take me for a walk on leash and ask my owners anything you need to know.I want to go to the right home so if you like me so far...ask away. Toby x

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭darth conway

thanks ANNIEHOO, ye that sounds much better- Ive tried to put him in the pound in kildare but they seem full, otherwise I think they will put him down and dont want to do that, well yet anyway. So fingers crossed for TOBY !
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

If he goes to the pound he will be put to sleep within a day, guaranteed. It would be kinder to bring him to the vet and have him PTS without the stress of a day in the pound.

I'm saddened by this thread.

Please contact rescues and tell them that you are considering having the dog killed because you can't find the time to give him what he needs.

You will have to make many many calls and be prepared to be turned away, but it's the only way you'll find a space for him where he won't be killed. Here is a list http://www.irishanimals.ie/general/index.html - be prepared to ring nearly all of them. And please donate towards whatever rescue eventually takes him.

EDIT: also if you have a facebook account you can put him up here http://www.facebook.com/IrishAnimalShelters and someone might be interested.

• Advertisement

thanks ANNIEHOO, ye that sounds much better- Ive tried to put him in the pound in kildare but they seem full, otherwise I think they will put him down and dont want to do that, well yet anyway. So fingers crossed for TOBY !
    thanks

worst thing you can do is surrender your dog to a pound please dont give your dog to ANY pound:mad:
    hope this lad finds agood home very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

thanks

Do not hand this dog into a pound or have him put down. Why you are even willing to have this dog put down just because of a lack of time and space I really cannot understand, did you not know a large dog would take up space and require time and effort? :confused:http://www.irishanimals.ie/general/index.html Scroll down to kildare and you will find a list of rescues in Kildare, these do not put healthy animals down. At least contact these first before putting him in the pound as once he is in the pound he may be put to sleep straight away as he's a surrender, or if he's lucky enough to get a home the pound do not homecheck people wanting to take a dog from the pound so god only knows what sort of home he might go to, at least the rescues in that link will neuter him and homecheck potential owners to ensure he goes to a good home.

Looks like you got there before me Whispered!

this sounds like a troll to me, who comes onto an A and P saying they might put their healthy dog down but not just yet??:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

It could very well be true, seen it happen 3 times in the past year alone and I'm not even involved in the "industry".

no, its actually the missus who brought him home, was meant to be a pup long story.... , she done no research etc, but the dog is just to big an messy for the house. I put it up on done deal and theres a chance it may be going to some guy in galway who owns a farm and will give it all the room it needs :) so fingers crossed for toby . Ill update if he goes thanks , however at this moment still available if anyone wants to rehome him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Whispered wrote: »
    It could very well be true, seen it happen 3 times in the past year alone and I'm not even involved in the "industry".

+1 Some vets will try and rehome when it happends.

We know a beautiful dalmation - when he was a young puppy his leg "got broken" the vet thought it was possibly by the owners children stepping on him as he's afraid of kids.. Anyhoos once his leg was broken he was no use to them as a show dog so they wanted him to be PTS :mad: luckily the vet took him and he was rehomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

no, its actually the missus who brought him home, was meant to be a pup long story.... , she done no research etc, but the dog is just to big an messy for the house. I put it up on done deal and theres a chance it may be going to some guy in galway who owns a farm and will give it all the room it needs :) so fingers crossed for toby . Ill update if he goes thanks , however at this moment still available if anyone wants to rehome him

Please get 'it' neutered/spayed before you give 'it' to anyone, this guy in Galway could be a decent person or he could be a puppy farmer with euro signs in his eyes and you could subjecting your dog to a miserable life living in squalor with hardly any food or vet care!!! Do the right thing by your dog please, don't just give it to some bloke who phoned you from a Done Deal ad so you can hand 'it' over and not have to worry about 'it' anymore.

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Please get 'it' neutered/spayed before you give 'it' to anyone, this guy in Galway could be a decent person or he could be a puppy farmer with euro signs in his eyes and you could subjecting your dog to a miserable life living in squalor with hardly any food or vet care!!! Do the right thing by your dog please, don't just give it to some bloke who phoned you from a Done Deal ad so you can hand 'it' over and not have to worry about 'it' anymore.
    this dog is a cross breed so prob not a puppy farmer .op its best if you see the new home before you give him away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

this looks like the the obvious case of:

- got puppy
    - Dog gets big and left ou the back everyday
    - Couldnt be a*sed looking after/training it so now trying to get rid of it after a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Another one sold by a bog roll ad:(
    They look so cute as puppies but boy do they grow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Little_Focker

What do you mean it was "meant to be a puppy"? How long do you have him?

OP are you going to get a different dog if you rehome this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Little_Focker

pokertalk wrote: »
    this dog is a cross breed so prob not a puppy farmer .op its best if you see the new home before you give him away

Oh but he's cute so cross him with another cute breed and wol-lah one of these "new-breeds-but-really-just-a-mongrel-but-im-still-going-to-fleece-you" breeds that seem to be all the rage at the moment!

Even if the farmer had good intentions he mightened bother his barney neutering him as he wont have to deal with unwanted pups that will be Johhny & Mary down the road with the unspayed female's problem :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

OP the least you could do is to do right by YOUR dog by getting him or her neutered before rehoming - oh and make sure to inspect the new home before handing 'it' over.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

So fingers crossed for TOBY !
    thanks

The dogs future is in YOUR hands, you can choose to send him somewhere he can have a good life or you can choose to end his life. There's no fingers crossed about it. His life is in your hands, no pls do the right thing and find him a proper home. 'Too messy in the house' .... aww just leave it there gremlin.

• Advertisement

how are you getting on with the re homing??

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

I was just reading the thread from the people who are overwhelmed with grief over the loss of their dog Missy and then I read this thread. Jesus Christ, talk about polar opposites.

The way the op is talking about that poor dog is vile. I think he sees the dog as something very disposal like some object. And the talk of the pound is heartbreaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

No more new post from OP I hope the doggie found a nice home :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Looking for a home for this dog, not too up on them it looks like a lab/retriever/ and has bit huskey in it, around a child all time so no worries there- its 1 yr old white,golden colour- Cant give it the attention it needs etc walks and plenty of space- sits, goes to its corners and gives you its paw when you ask and its a male

thanks

Ill take him...ill PM you..if this is a troll or not...not willign to take the chance...PM me please..

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Ill take him...ill PM you..if this is a troll or not...not willign to take the chance...PM me please..

Thanks

Did you hear back?

What a beautiful dog. Stories like this every day sadly :(

hi,You will be happy to know the dog has gone to a lovely home, thanks for all your help guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

hi,You will be happy to know the dog has gone to a lovely home, thanks for all your help guys
    Thanks for replying OP. I can only assume that the fact you've taken the time to reply and not react negatively to our posts that you did the best thing for Toby. Good luck to him ;)

Advertisement