Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home for a terrapin?

• 12-06-2011 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a large terrapin that I'd like to give to somewhere good as I'm moving away.

I tried e-mailing fota for advice (they'd be ideal!) but no reply...

Does anybody know anywhere? I'd rather give it to a sanctuary-ish place rather than a home.

Thanks a lot. (based in Cork but can travel).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

have you tried to contact dublin zoo.dunno if they except surrendered exotic animals but would be worht a try as giving him/her to just anyone with no experience could trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Ailishcrehan

dublin zoo won't accept a surrendered animal, too much risk of infection/disease. NEAS are brilliant and they have approximately 100 turtles in a purpose built pond. They are based in Ballivor, so you would have to travel, but it would be worth it as they know 100% what they are dealing with in terms of taking in 'exotics'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Thanks a lot guys! I will email them and update! :)

Hey guys - I've heard nothing back?

Any other suggestions?

Giving to a home is not really an option for me; I wouldn't be comfortable.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭zoby

The ISPCA have just posted on their fb wall about a terrapin that was surrendered to them. It might be worth it to give them a call.

zoby wrote: »
    The ISPCA have just posted on their fb wall about a terrapin that was surrendered to them. It might be worth it to give them a call.

Thanks a lot, were they looking for a home?

Advertisement