Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build moi a PC!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Yeah I agree, skip the bottom fan completely if the filter isn't much good and have the top one blowing out. You don't really want dust getting into your case :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

so should I have two at the top blowing out?! :p where does the spare one go?!
    :D

two top exhausts sounds noisy, which is why I was gonna go bottom, but I dun want d'dust

no idea about it's quality!

I've no idea how loud they would be, but if they are good quality fans it should be fine. If its too loud you can turn them down with your fan controller ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

oh yes that thing, must start poking around today and do better than putting in a psu and hdd !

guess the fans will take some testing!

maybe the front op one blowing down and the back top one blowing out :p

note to self, dont stick thumb in cooler thermal paste :o

• Advertisement

note to self, dont stick thumb in cooler thermal paste :o

>.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 merc.ie

As mentioned before, a higher exhaust flow rate will lead to air and dust being sucked into the case through the various gaps, while a higher intake rate will push air out of these gaps that along with proper intake filtering gives less dust.

deconduo wrote: »
    >.<
    it's motly intact, can see a tiny bit of metal but it will spread when heated!
    merc.ie wrote: »
    As mentioned before, a higher exhaust flow rate will lead to air and dust being sucked into the case through the various gaps, while a higher intake rate will push air out of these gaps that along with proper intake filtering gives less dust.

so where do the fans go :pac:

one of the arctic seven pins that connects to the mobo is a a bit ****ed, wy do they have them already connected in the bag pushing pins apart, that is retarded

i put on the cooler in such a way that the fan was stuck onto the ram, i moved the ram to slots 2 + 4 and now the fan plastic touches the top of the ram in slot 2 but the blades wont hit it, is that ok?

here is a pic, you can see teh black plastic brushes off the top of the ram lightly, is this ok?

o2HAm.png

• Advertisement

Oh, I'd put it facing the other way if possible. The RAM modules can get hot and you don't want melted plastic :P

hmm would it not blow warm air towards the front of the case then? this is set up to blow it to the back.

i assume paste etc will be ok if I turn it around?

You should be able to mount it 'sideways' so that it sucks air upwards towards the top exhaust fan.

fml i have to move the whole thing :/

fml i have to move the whole thing :/

How much of it is touching off the RAM modules :P

If its only a small spot you might be fine in leaving it as it is.

was a little bit touching it at the top, 2 contact areas, not much at all, I've begun moving it now thanks, heh.

Thats the most annoying thing about the Sandy Bridge boards, the RAM modules are too ****ing close to the heatsinks, makes it really awkward.

Yep that was really annoying, I have it all removed and done again now with the air blowing up to the exhaust. An hour to read about it and do it the first time, 2 minutes the second time because i got pissed off :P

even sideways I have to have the ram in 2 + 4 to make the cooler not touch it, that is way too close.

ram cpu and cooler done. now for some wiring!

ok so now my case has 2 front 120 mm intakes, at the back it has an exhaust and at the top rear it has an exhaust, both 140mm.

If I put the last 140mm I have as another top middle exhaust, will there be enough intake happening?
    the soundproof door in front of the 2 120mm fans will be closed.

• Advertisement

do you use both 6gb sata wires that come with a mobo?

and I have a hd audio and an ac97 coming from the front of the case, do both of these go in?

also at a loss for some thing that came with the mobo, 9 male pin to 20 female connector

do you use both 6gb sata wires that come with a mobo?

and I have a hd audio and an ac97 coming from the front of the case, do both of these go in?

also at a loss for some thing that came with the mobo, 9 male pin to 20 female connector

You'll need the SATA cables for you dvd drive and hard drive.

Just plug the HD audio in. The AC97 is there for motherboards that don't have HD audio.

thanks i had one in the hdd and was wondering where the other went, I don't use a dvd drive so got lost!

thanks for the audio, hooked it up. Nearly finished now. Hopefully.

on an msi mobo are white wires gnd and red power? im trying to connect the power switch and i connected white to gnd and red to 'SLED'
    or do i connect eh power switch to the same one as the leds cos on that one it says pwr sw - and pwr sw + so that would make sense, but thats not how its done in the pix that come with it.

i really dont know what to connect some places on the mono: jcom1, jspi1, jtpm1

i think the power switch and led connect to jfp1 and jfp2 but not sure heh.

there is also a third supplied that says vcc usb0-, usb0+ gnd on one side and usboc, gnd, usb1+, usb1- and vcc on the other side, do you use that?

no idea what would go into it if i stuck it in the mobo, i stuck teh front port usbs straight into the mobo, should they go into this first and that goes into the mobo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

on an msi mobo are white wires gnd and red power? im trying to connect the power switch and i connected white to gnd and red to 'SLED'

i really dont know what to connect some places on the mono: jcom1, jspi1, jtpm1

i think the power switch and led connect to jfp1 and jfp2 but not sure heh

Power/reset and the leds connect to jfp1. jfp2 is for the case speaker.

thanks ill pout them in 1, i put audio in jaud1? it wouldnt fit anywhere esle :D

thanks ill pout them in 1, i put audio in jaud1? it wouldnt fit anywhere esle :D

Yeah jaud1 is for the front panel audio.

thanks very much, so i dont need the other as i have no speakers?

Also you may not have seen my edit above:

there is also a third supplied connection that says vcc usb0-, usb0+ gnd on one side and usboc, gnd, usb1+, usb1- and vcc on the other side, do you use that?
    i stuck the front port usbs straight into the mobo, should they go into the provided usb port thingy first and that goes into the mobo?

thanks very much, so i dont need the other as i have no speakers?

Also you may not have seen my edit above:

there is also a third supplied connection that says vcc usb0-, usb0+ gnd on one side and usboc, gnd, usb1+, usb1- and vcc on the other side, do you use that?
    i stuck the front port usbs straight into the mobo, should they go into the provided usb port thingy first and that goes into the mobo?

yeah I just put the front panel usb into jusb1, you can plug the front panel straight into the mobo, is the usb port thingy :p you refer to have two usb slots?

• Advertisement

it doesnt have slots, it just has pins, i dont see the point of it and the manual is useless! here are pix of the components that i have no idea what to do with :D

i2eMB.png

Advertisement