Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build moi a PC!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Weird, I've never seen anything like that before :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dammit, ill jsut try and turn it on ina while and hope nothing blows up so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

well the big one looks like an adapter that plugs into jusb2.

the yoke on the left is to plug the case speaker in (though you dont really need to do it), and the one on the left is for the usb, i actually dont know why thats included, the front panel can only go into jusb1 one way anway :s

dammit, ill jsut try and turn it on ina while and hope nothing blows up so :p

i assume i need to power jpwr2, the 4 pin one? now to find something 4-pinny that will fit in it lol

There should be a connector on the psu that fits into jpwr2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

it doesnt have slots, it just has pins, i dont see the point of it and the manual is useless! here are pix of the components that i have no idea what to do with :D

pic

I had those too, I left them in the box :p

but im sure someone who knows what their talking about will be along soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

thanks man. It does plug into usb2 but then what plugs into that?! lol
    ther is nothing to plug in as far as I can see. as for the case speaker, tehre is nothing to plug into that one even if I wanted to, as far as I can tell. Yep there is only one way to get into jsb1 and with the adaptor thing on it doesnt really fit either ha!

Tim to wire up the hdd and see what happen i guess!

Burgo wrote: »
    There should be a connector on the psu that fits into jpwr2.
    Yep done thanks, just it was 8 and needed to break it into 2 fours so didnt see right away.
    -Trek- wrote: »
    I had those too, I left them in the box :p

but im sure someone who knows what their talking about will be along soon :D

ah ok, grand, i jsut get worried turning something on with part in my hand !:D

well the big one looks like an adapter that plugs into jusb2.

the yoke on the left is to plug the case speaker in (though you dont really need to do it), and the one on the left is for the usb, i actually dont know why thats included, the front panel can only go into jusb1 one way anway :s

Thanks, you solved a mystery for me too.
    Yep done thanks, just it was 8 and needed to break it into 2 fours so didnt see right away.

ah ok, grand, i jsut get worried turning something on with part in my hand !:D

Nothing is on fire yet anyway *crosses fingers*

thanks man. It does plug into usb2 but then what plugs into that?! lol

That is a good question, I don't have one of em, and the manual is shag all use.
    there is nothing to plug in as far as I can see. as for the case speaker, tehre is nothing to plug into that one even if I wanted to, as far as I can tell. Yep there is only one way to get into jsb1 and with the adaptor thing on it doesnt really fit either ha!

Tim to wire up the hdd and see what happen i guess!

Good luck !

well i turned it on without a monitor, just the psu and everything seems ok, fans are on etc, fan controller works and is pretty cool, the amount of air blown out if i whack it to max and so quiet if i dont, even with the sides off.

Now to eh try it with a monitor, there are 6 blue lights on on the mobo so dunno if that is good or bad :p

• Advertisement

well i have it on a monitor, it says

cpu or memory changed press enter to configure your system, f1 to run setup or f2 to load default value and continue?

i got that yesterday when i changed ram, just pressed enter

Try F2 to see if it works. If not you might need to go to the BIOS and change the RAM settings.

Now to eh try it with a monitor, there are 6 blue lights on on the mobo so dunno if that is good or bad :p

Yeah thats normal, I have the blue 6 leds too. well i hope that its a good sign :pac:

Yeah thats normal, I have the blue 6 leds too. well i hope that its a good sign :pac:

The LEDs just show the what Power Phase mode the CPU is in (1 to 6) Just a power saving thing.

thanks guys, i seem to be installing windows, hope those default settings were ok, ill have to make the ram faster probably, or maybe it will itself when i oc the cpu.

now to find some tools to dl to make sure everything is working

thanks guys, i seem to be installing windows, hope those default settings were ok, ill have to make the ram faster probably, or maybe it will itself when i oc the cpu.

now to find some tools to dl to make sure everything is working

CPU-Z, HWmonitor, Prime95 :)

Also ninite.com to install common programs with one installer.

deconduo wrote: »
    CPU-Z, HWmonitor, Prime95 :)

Also ninite.com to install common programs with one installer.

I love ninite, such a handy yoke. I'd add coretemp to the list too.

jeez thats a lot of things to monitor it :D
    jsut for a few hours and measure temps?

will look up ninite, sounds great

edit: that site is sick!

CPU-Z to check that everything is as it should be. HWmonitor to view all your temperatures. Prime95 to stress test. If you run Prime95 for about 4 hours and just keep an eye on your temperatures then you know you're good to go. I find that the temps usually stabilize after 15min or so, but its always better to be safe than sorry.

• Advertisement

thanks will have a dig around! so tempting to just use my old hdd :D

deconduo wrote: »
    CPU-Z to check that everything is as it should be. HWmonitor to view all your temperatures. Prime95 to stress test. If you run Prime95 for about 4 hours and just keep an eye on your temperatures then you know you're good to go. I find that the temps usually stabilize after 15min or so, but its always better to be safe than sorry.

Never used Hwmonitor, cheers for the tip! seems much better than coretemp.

stupid windows not finding a network adaptor and saying to reinstall driver

and windows did not detect and networking hardware

stupid windows not finding a network adaptor and saying to reinstall driver

and windows did not detect and networking hardware

Your motherboard should have come with a drivers CD. Try installing from that? Or better yet get the last version here:
    http://download1.msi.com/files/downloads/dvr_exe/realtek_pcielan_7_mb.zip

thanks ill try that, i tried getting s/w for my board but that wasnt what i dled, ill try that !

trying ubuntu too jsut to make sure its not my comp that is ****ed.

well ubuntu works fine and now and so does windows. I updated the bios or something instead of installing the driver. Hope there is nothing else on the cd I need. All done thanks!
    ye're all legends!

Now pics or GTFO :D

oh wait theres a thread for that, dont want to upset sol :D

Have fun with it

will post pix when i get a hold of a camera, it's messy, oh so messy.

• Advertisement

Messy is good :D I had to completely re do the wiring before I was brave enough to post mine and still its rubbish :D

Cable ties and duct tape FTW

Advertisement