Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build moi a PC!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hmm i think all the wiring is fine, i just have all the extra wires hanging out of the case and my fan controller makes things look messy, ill post pix for advice :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

deconduo wrote: »
    Your motherboard should have come with a drivers CD. Try installing from that? Or better yet get the last version here:
    http://download1.msi.com/files/downloads/dvr_exe/realtek_pcielan_7_mb.zip

seems i have to get more drivers from wherever you found them! usb controller, sm bus controller, pci controller, wish windows would just find em!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

That stuff should all be on the mobo drivers CD, although there's always a chance of newer ones online so hit up your manufacturer's website and stick in the model number ;)

all i got was a bios so far :pac:
    Edit: done

yep they are on cds but as you say the newer ones are online so i dont even buy a cd drive :D
    my old mobo window did it for me, good windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I am an expert at cable management :pac:. I put so many wires on the other side of the case that I had a hard time closing the side door :o

• Advertisement

thats what i did, no idea if door will close, ive not tried

hmm no sound, back or front! tried switching hd audio and ac 97 hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

hmm no sound, back or front! tried switching hd audio and ac 97 hmm

Sounds like a drivers issue to me? Have you downloaded the latest drivers from the website?

got the realtech software and whenever i put an audio device in one of the 6 back ports it detects in and i say it is a speaker. this then makes a green tick appear in sound devices in the control panel but can hear anything

have the front panel working, i think its just that at the back it sets it as a speaker, and not as headphones...and that makes it not work...for some reason

edit: all working, if you chose speakers with headphones in it doesnt work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Don't you have to do something in the control panel to enable the Audio devices? I can't remember fully. Maybe someone else will shine a light on the problem :D

Hey mate as I said up there it works :D

the front port for mic accepts a mic and says it's there but doesnt work. Small issue as there are 6 more audio ports at the back :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Hey mate as I said up there it works :D

the front port for mic accepts a mic and says it's there but doesnt work. Small issue as there are 6 more audio ports at the back :p

You should be able to get both working no problem.

Check your BIOS, and ensure you have it set to HD Audio, not AC '97

You can then set the software to have jack sensing, where you can use any of the jacks for input or output.

i think i have jack sensing on, a pop up comes up asking me what the input device is, not every port will have a headphones option for example, but a few will. I'll try the thanks

what results are good bad with prime95? what temps do people get?

I think my ram is running at 800mhz so will have to change that..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

i think i have jack sensing on, a pop up comes up asking me what the input device is, not every port will have a headphones option for example, but a few will. I'll try the thanks

what results are good bad with prime95? what temps do people get?

I think my ram is running at 800mhz so will have to change that..

Nah, the RAM is DDR3 = Double Data Rate. So its running at 800MHz x2 = 1600MHz.

Temperature wise you should be looking at under 65-70C for CPU.

ah I had no idea it would display like that

lowest cpu: 22
    highest cpu: 57

didnt look like it would be rising any time soon and I was gaming during it too. So I guss I'll oc!

finally got a chance for some pix by borrowing a camera!

5UTez.jpg

v6OWz.jpg

t0ks7.jpg

Thanks boys. :pac:

YirxQ.jpg

Looks great :) Wiring could be a bit neater, but apart from that its perfect.

Thanks, it is a bit mess, I blame the non-modular psu and fan controller and wires being short, couldn't find anywhere to put em, maybe could tie em down I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Any reason why you're cpu fan is facing down? usually they have the fan facing the front of the case to blow air out the back.
    Aside from that looks good, You're cabling job is on par with mine :pac:

• Advertisement

hmm I have two fans blowing air back from the front, then one blowing out the back and two blowing out the top... so the theory is the air is going out the top and back :pac: with more air flying out the top

I wasn't sure whether to do that or to make one of the top fans blow down onto the cpu cooler which would be blowing up

oh and also if you face it that way it touches the ram, i had it like that before.

o2HAm.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

Looking at other fan setups that's the most common orientation, (east). If the fan guard was the touching the ram, should be fine since its plastic and the airflow is unrestricted. When the fan is facing south the graphics card is blocking the airflow. But if it's at stock settings it should not matter.

as long as the ram didn't melt it or something! I will be over clocking so I will see what temps will be like, quite low temps at stock.

what you think about changing either the back fan or one of the top fans to an intake? and leaving the cooler fan as is?

as long as the ram didn't melt it or something! I will be over clocking so I will see what temps will be like, quite low temps at stock.

what you think about changing either the back fan or one of the top fans to an intake? and leaving the cooler fan as is?

Nah, the way you have it is fine. The airflow is going in the right direction, from the bottom front to the top back.

ohoh I'm starting an air flow war :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

It's all so dark, looks evil :o

And you should probably refrain from using it as a foot rest :P
    Hope it serves you well

you leave megatron alone, he can hear you :eek:

i'll tell off the camera girl for that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Thanks boys. :pac:

YirxQ.jpg

b69813350a97b251df05660dc3a3b563.jpg

• Advertisement

b69813350a97b251df05660dc3a3b563.jpg

Its a pretty sexy computer, but I wouldn't go THAT far.

Advertisement