Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin nightlife at the weekends

Options
  • 12-06-2011 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Well i'm just after moving to Dublin for work and to be honest I know no one here nor do I know the city very well.

My question is where would be the best pubs and clubs to go on a typical Friday and Saturday night. I'm 19 also if that helps with any suggestions and would guess that places of my own age group would be best, but I'm up for anywhere really.O and good drink deals.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Depends on what kind of atmosphere you're looking for - the Stag's Head is a great pub, but filled with tourists at this time of year. The Porterhouse and the Bull and Castle are really good for interesting beers, as is Against The Grain on Wexford Street (plus if you go drinking on Wexford Street you can have a burrito afterwards...), and if you're a hipster the Bernard Shaw is filled with people in ironic check shirts and tight jeans namedropping bands nobody's ever heard of while their fixed-gear bike sits outside.

The Market Bar is good for food, and across the road the bar with no name has a great smoking area. If you're just looking to pull, then Coppers and Flannerys are the places to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

If you into a grubby pub Fibbers (parnell street) is your way to go on the weekend. Full price drinks (check it out on Thursdays for €5 entry and €3 drinks!) but always good for a head bang!

On the weekends the Sub Lounge under Tara street Dart station is really good...sometimes it does "club hell" where again the play heavy metal music and have fire dancing girls. €3.20 a pint and a wheel of death that has a few crazy drinks on it at crazy prices! :)

I love porterhouse for a good atmosphere and strange beers!

Diceys is good and Coppers is closeby here also...full price on the weekends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Hit up NV on Leeson Street on weekends if you are 19.

Advertisement