Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lemon Sole stuffed with crab recipe?

Options
  • 12-06-2011 3:43pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Watching CDWM Ireland last week, one of the contestants made a starter of fillet of lemon sole stuffed with crab meat and asparagus, served with hollandaise sauce. I'd like to make a main course out of this, but it needs a few adjustments. I don't like asparagus and I'm not sure one of my dining companions likes hollandaise sauce, so I'm looking for suggestions on what to serve it with to make it a main. Suggestions for sauces and sides would be much appreciated :). As much as I love it, I very rarely cook with fresh fish so I'm a bit unsure!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Two sauces for your sole

Champagne sauce for 4

80g butter
    200g sliced shallot
    200ml white wine
    300ml champagne
    500ml fish stock
    400ml double cream
    80ml lemon juice
    salt and pepper

Melt half of the butter and sweat the shallots without colour until soft, season and add the booze and reduce by 2/3rds, add the stock and reduce by 2/3rds again, add the cream and cook on a low heat for 8 minutes. Tip the whole lot into a blender and add the remaining butter, then whizz until smooth. Add the lemon juice and whizz again. Pass through a fine sieve into a clean pan.

Sauce Veronique for 4 (without the grapes)

80g butter
    100g sliced shallot
    250ml vermouth
    500ml fish stock
    400ml double cream
    80ml lemon juice
    salt and pepper
    1 tsp chopped tarragon

Melt half of the butter and sweat the shallots without colour until soft, season and add the booze and reduce by 2/3rds, add the stock and reduce by 2/3rds again, add the cream and cook on a low heat for 8 minutes. Tip the whole lot into a blender and add the remaining butter, then whizz until smooth. Add the lemon juice and whizz again. Pass through a fine sieve into a clean pan. Add the chopped tarragon and warm through.

For sides I'd do wilted spinach or steamed french beans tossed in a little butter.

Advertisement