Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONEGAL INTERNATIONAL RALLY

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭mikedone

Just walked the length of Letterkenny Main St. (from Josie's Bar past the Orchard) witnessed three fights, one chap urinating against the "street sculptures" along the side-walk and any number of other anti-social and road traffic violations and not a member of the Garda to be seen.
    This is the sort of thing that gets both the rally and the Garda a bad reputation around the town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

Sure that's just the same as every other Friday/Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Trish2007 wrote: »

yep not much to do with the rally there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Sure that's just the same as every other Friday/Saturday and boards beers night.

Fixed your post ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Alastair Fisher on the Knockalla stage this afternoon.

5846058386_74638fc102_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

The noisy cars going past my house are really disrupting my study. Not one bit impressed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭mikedone

I take your point but surely given the extra volume of people and vehicles in town for the event there should have been a visible Garda presence on the streets
    I won't post on the topic again as I don't want the thread to become sidetracked into a debate on law and order (or lack thereof) in Letterkenny :o

The noisy cars going past my house are really disrupting my study. Not one bit impressed...

Browsing boards.ie can't be helping either... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mikedone wrote: »
    I won't post on the topic again as I don't want the thread to become sidetracked into a debate on law and order (or lack thereof) in Letterkenny :o
    Good man ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Bob Cratchet

It's bad alright, but worse during the rally.

I really enjoy the rally and it's skill, sport, and technology.

I don't enjoy some of the gobdaws that follow it and think they can behave how they like on an ordinary public road we all have to share. They do give the rally a bad name. At least in recent years the motor club is trying to promote good behaviour from the supporters, but the promoters and competitors could speak out against it far more than they do. The rally doesn't need that type of supporter. The less it's tolerated, and the more it is condemed and spoken out about, the more the rally will thrive. Sure you get scum supporters in all sports, but they are tolerated far too much in rallying for the good of the sport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

foto joe wrote: »
    Browsing boards.ie can't be helping either... :p

haha, all work and no play... :D

Another few from today;

5846373574_14a7ece38e_z.jpg

5846382986_fbdceaa3d6_z.jpg

5846415354_292b94e42e_z.jpg

5846320882_a0a8d0ce94_z.jpg

More >

36224551@N04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

just in from a great day at the rally.

more tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Today was Quite possably the best days rallying I've ever been at, and i have been at loads of rallies! It had spins, 115mph speeds (cought on camcorder with a laser speed decector in front of it) and then flying cars, litterally, and no it wasn't photoshopped :D

5846984370_84e35c9757_b.jpg

I'll add more photos when the weekend is over ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Vincent Bonner on the world famous Knockalla stage. written on the sand on the beach in the background is "V.Bonner 1983" in homage to his victory that year

5848423740_a17270cf2b_z.jpg

Today was Quite possably the best days rallying I've ever been at, and i have been at loads of rallies! It had spins, 115mph speeds (cought on camcorder with a laser speed decector in front of it) and then flying cars, litterally, and no it wasn't photoshopped :D

5846984370_84e35c9757_b.jpg

I'll add more photos when the weekend is over ;)

that is some photo, you could watch hundreds of rallies and never see that.
    what stage is that the start of?

^ ^ It will probably be reproduced in the Donegal News

brilliant weekend at the rally, no major incidents.

big thanks to all involved in donegal MC

i heard a rumour that the harvest stages are to be held around the muff area, does anyone know of this. normally centres around jacksons

brilliant weekend at the rally, no major incidents.

big thanks to all involved in donegal MC

i heard a rumour that the harvest stages are to be held around the muff area, does anyone know of this. normally centres around jacksons

Yeah your right enough, Stages are in down that way alright, rally HQ is the hotel in Redcastle. HQ is usually moved about each year (depending on who puts up the most money usually decides it :pac:)

And yeah it really was a fantastic rally, the pace was unreal and thankfully no major injuries. I've got a ton of photos and about 3.5 hours of videos to go through tomorrow but heres 3 wee short clips I just uploaded there now, will post photos / video later in the week...

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Missed the last two days, I heard the pace today was savage. Major Crash with the Suburu (pet world sponsored).. any brief details of what happene?

• Advertisement

Missed the last two days, I heard the pace today was savage. Major Crash with the Suburu (pet world sponsored).. any brief details of what happene?

It was an Evo not a subaru, but it wasn't that bad TBH the car looked bad, but he still passed us in the stage after he had the accident trying to make it to the end of the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CarnTorres

Rushnaldo, looking at the pictures you posted, sum great shots espically in altantic drive. I'm laughing to myself because we were on about 10m away on friday (we had the bbq at the head of the brae) and on satursday we were at the 2nd hairpin on knockalla where the cars were parked...small word. Dont suppose to were at malin head or buncrana on sunday ha

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CarnTorres

Also Homer_simpson, Was Jenning the quickest down that straight on knockalla? nice video too keep me posted if you have more

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Anyone know were I could look at induvidual stage times for each driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

rightyabe wrote: »
    Anyone know were I could look at induvidual stage times for each driver?

http://results.shannonsportsit.ie/index.php

just go down to the Donegal rally, the link to Starters will show all the starters and just clink on the name to get their stage times.

The link to results will only show who finished the rally, but again click on the name it it will show stage times.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

mk2 wrote: »

Not many of these about today!

5 landed beside us on 2nd stage on sunday! near blew me off the hill i was standing on!! couldnt get them all in the one pic tho...058.JPG

061.JPG

that is some photo, you could watch hundreds of rallies and never see that.
    what stage is that the start of?

@ Gismobaby I duno what that was you posted but it hurt my eyes and laptop, as it took ages to load the page and i couldn't access the edit button on your post so i deleted the post, what was it you were trying to do, i'll help ya if i can but it was huge?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

@ Gismobaby I duno what that was you posted but it hurt my eyes and laptop, as it took ages to load the page and i couldn't access the edit button on your post so i deleted the post, what was it you were trying to do, i'll help ya if i can but it was huge?

its ok homer dont worry about it! i couldnt edit it myself the site seemed to have stalled or something hadnt realised it actually posted up. it was only a pic its grand and apologies to the eyes and the laptop :D

I can post up the code if you wish

• Advertisement

Video one of 2 uploaded. First video is from the town stage, there was so much going on i gave it a vido of its own, enjoy ;)

Advertisement