Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing employer when sponsored

Options
  • 12-06-2011 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

In the real world, how easy is it to change employer when you get sponsored? If you get sponsored and you want to leave your employer or your employer goes bust and you cant find another employer in 28 days to take over the sponsorship and you end up having to leave the country are you eligible to apply for a 2nd year WHV provided you have the 88 days rural work? Im concerned if I get sponsored and things don't work out the way Id like on the job that ill be stuck with the one employer having given up my whv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭melb

So your going straight to sponsorship? Why not work with them first on the WHV and see what they are like. And if you are on a WHV and the crowd your working for want to sponsor you then you already know what they are like to work for..

If they go bust you have 28 days to get another sponsor. IMO if you think they are going to go bust you'd be better off staying clear. Chances are if one company who will sponsor you you will find another one to take you on handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

I've wondered about this aswell, say you're working for the company that sponsored you for 2 years, can you apply for a job with another company?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

for a company to go bust is pretty unlikely, given the amount of financial info they have to undertake to be eligible for sponsorship.

I know two guys who have done it in IT, the new company just has to nominate their position and once approved you can transfer - sounds easy, but still a lot of paperwork on the side of the future company.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

In the real world, how easy is it to change employer when you get sponsored?
    In my experience, not great. It's a lot of hassle to sponsor people.
    If you get sponsored and you want to leave your employer or your employer goes bust and you cant find another employer in 28 days to take over the sponsorship and you end up having to leave the country are you eligible to apply for a 2nd year WHV provided you have the 88 days rural work?
    Do the two years normally have to be consecutive?

Advertisement