Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wing Tchun Do seminar - body mechanics and efficiency in martial arts

• 12-06-2011 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I' d like to promote a seminar of Wingtchun held by Sifu Corti, currently one of the top Wingtchun instructor accross Europe. Just to briefly introduce the man:

Professional bouncer
    26 year practice into Wingchun/Wingtsun – Private student of Headmaster Leung Ting in Hong Kong
    9 year practice in English boxing +Thai Boxing

After years of research Sifu Corti developed a training method designed to improve body mechanic performances (rooted stance, spinal strength, tortion power, etc.). Efficiency in any Martial System lies in body mechanics making this method valuable to anyone's martial practice. Popular among internal martial art practicioners, this efficient method is getting a growing interest from different kind of practicioners such as boxers, karateka and security professionals.

Here is one of his videos showing part of his method to integrate Boxing and Chi –Sao
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fightermanizdebest#p/u/39/0KXioJJ4Rxs

Seminar will be held in Dublin Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 August . It will cover the below points:

BODY MECHANICS and POWER, the common background to all martial systems: this part of the seminar is designed to increase your power and martial capability when the fight is on.
    - Chi sao reflex training adapted to boxing and wing tchun
    - dynamic stretching exercises and spinal strengthening or how to develop power without resorting to weights

FROM DOJO TO STREET : How to realistically integrate wing-tchun and other traditional martial system in street fighting
    - Psychological strategy, Body language and martial application in confronting street aggression
    - Improving reflexes and chi-sao by using knives and sticks training methods.

6 HOURS A DAY - 10 AM TO 4PM
    COST 80 EURO - 40 EURO TO GUARANTEE YOUR BOOKING

wingtsundublin@gmail.com
    085 773 2056

Regards,
    Massimo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 martialman

wasn't he already in Dublin? I saw a couple of vids, have you trained with him? what's he like, tecnichally speaking that is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Massimo Giorgianni

martialman wrote: »
    wasn't he already in Dublin? I saw a couple of vids, have you trained with him? what's he like, tecnichally speaking that is...

Hi Martial Man

Yes he was here a month ago and yes his level is really impressive – that is why I take the opportunity to invite him again and advertise a seminar with him

There are two main reason that convinced me of the quality of his work :

- the progresses I noticed in my beginners level since applying his method: it is interesting to see that when you are taught few body mechanics your fighting skills are much stronger than if you are taught several technics. In fact after few weeks of using his body mechanic exercises my beginner’s skills and understanding of combat are improving at a faster pace than using more conventional training plan. They are using spontaneously technics that are usually taught after years (If you are into WT you know about Biu-Tze technics, long pole concepts, etc..). I wish I had this opportunity at the very early stages of my WT practice. If it is true that there are no shortcuts to learn wingtsun, it is also true that some methods require much more time than others and will not be as efficient in the end.

- I have met several Wingtsun/Wingchun teachers in different countries but only met two that are able to use their wingtsun under real pressure with uncooperative partner, either skilled or unskilled fighter. And believe me you don t find many teacher allowing their students to test them ( not more than 40 % of what they could do) or giving them the tools to do so...

What do you practice yourself?

Hi Martial Man

Yes he was here a month ago and yes his level is really impressive that is why I take the opportunity to invite him again and advertise a seminar with him

There are two main reason that convinced me of the quality of his work :

- the progresses I noticed in my beginners level since applying his method: it is interesting to see that when you are taught few body mechanics your fighting skills are much stronger than if you are taught several technics. In fact after few weeks of using his body mechanic exercises my beginners skills and understanding of combat are improving at a faster pace than using more conventional training plan. They are using spontaneously technics that are usually taught after years (If you are into WT you know about Biu-Tze technics, long pole concepts, etc..). I wish I had this opportunity at the very early stages of my WT practice. If it is true that there are no shortcuts to learn wingtsun, it is also true that some methods require much more time than others and will not be as efficient in the end.

- I have met several Wingtsun/Wingchun teachers in different countries but only met two that are able to use their wingtsun under real pressure with uncooperative partner, either skilled or unskilled fighter. And believe me you don t find many teacher allowing their students to test them ( not more than 40 % of what they could do) or giving them the tools to do so...

What do you practice yourself?
    I did some BJJ and at the moment Im doing WT. I like WT but Im having problems applying the techniques. I find the combat principles to be sound but I feel unsure about how to apply it in a real life situation. I dont want to speak badly about what Im learning but I never get a chance to at least test or verify if Im making progress. What are your feelings on the matter? Well discussing the issue about working under pressure yes i have to agree with you, I dont get much of a chance to work under pressure maybe that's why Im having problems. However as I said before Im not saying WT is bad or anything like that but I would at least like to know whether wqhat I use or not works, how does your teacher apply this in his training?

martialman wrote: »
    I did some BJJ and at the moment Im doing WT. I like WT but Im having problems applying the techniques. I find the combat principles to be sound but I feel unsure about how to apply it in a real life situation. I dont want to speak badly about what Im learning but I never get a chance to at least test or verify if Im making progress. What are your feelings on the matter? Well discussing the issue about working under pressure yes i have to agree with you, I dont get much of a chance to work under pressure maybe that's why Im having problems. However as I said before Im not saying WT is bad or anything like that but I would at least like to know whether wqhat I use or not works, how does your teacher apply this in his training?

Your comment is interesting as I heard it oftenly about Wingtchun, either coming from current practioner, deceived ex-practicioners and hard-core sceptic.
    Wingtchun or not, any martial practicioner choose to study a combat system because he thinks the system works and it has something interesting to offer him. However I noticed that even advanced practicioners that never had the chance to experiment their skills under pressure will not fully trust their technical knowledge, their own abilities or even the system itself ( ! :confused: what the point train smthing you don t feel trustworthy or enjoy? ).
    So to answer what you said there, I consider fundamental to have the aspect “ pressure” present since day 1 in your trainings to really understand what you are learning. Nothing will replace it.
    By pressure I mean any work with a partner where partners are trying to put each other off balance or break opponent structure - through patterned drills ( cooperative partners ) or in free style exercises( uncooperative partners – e.g: try to work out your Chi Sao with the rules of Sumo but in a much smaller space - two steps back and you are out of the "ring" ).
    I really think that pressure has to be the ground on which you build your trainings to make your system a usefull and alive martial art. If not, you will accumulate a huge amount of technics and forms that will work very well only with cooperative partners but never spontaneously.
    Results are different and will give a completely new perspective to your practice

Your comment is interesting as I heard it oftenly about Wingtchun, either coming from current practioner, deceived ex-practicioners and hard-core sceptic.
    Wingtchun or not, any martial practicioner choose to study a combat system because he thinks the system works and it has something interesting to offer him. However I noticed that even advanced practicioners that never had the chance to experiment their skills under pressure will not fully trust their technical knowledge, their own abilities or even the system itself ( ! :confused: what the point train smthing you don t feel trustworthy or enjoy? ).
    So to answer what you said there, I consider fundamental to have the aspect “ pressure” present since day 1 in your trainings to really understand what you are learning. Nothing will replace it.
    By pressure I mean any work with a partner where partners are trying to put each other off balance or break opponent structure - through patterned drills ( cooperative partners ) or in free style exercises( uncooperative partners – e.g: try to work out your Chi Sao with the rules of Sumo but in a much smaller space - two steps back and you are out of the "ring" ).
    I really think that pressure has to be the ground on which you build your trainings to make your system a usefull and alive martial art. If not, you will accumulate a huge amount of technics and forms that will work very well only with cooperative partners but never spontaneously.
    Results are different and will give a completely new perspective to your practice
    ok thanks for your post

• Advertisement

quick update on the seminar:

According to the answers I m receiving the seminar will be postponed to the third week end of August , so from friday 19 August to Sunday 21

Massimo

Advertisement