Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anon posting

Options
  • 12-06-2011 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Is there a way for searching for or PMing someone about anon posts anonymously? I posted one a while back but it does not appear to be approved. I realise it takes time to approve but is there anyway to check on its status, was it moved, deleted or some other action. It was a time sensitive post and it has passed the time that I needed it so I am not too bothered about it now. Is there a time limit for approval of anon posts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Anon posts need to be approved by mods, and this requires the mods to remember to check the queue. I'm terrible at remembering, so if it was in the GC you posted, that's likely the reason and I'm really sorry. Also, I'm usually on the mobile site these days and as far as I can tell, there's no way to approve anon posts on mobile. It would be great If anon posts could be auto posted but spammers just use the facility to post spam, and we can't ban them.

Posts stay in the queue until they are actioned. I would say that if anyone reading this thread has an anon post waiting to be approved just send any one of us a PM in confidence. Again, if this is the GC you're talking about, I'm very sorry. Weenier I see a post waiting for approval for weeks I feel bad, but as I say, we don't get alerted when there's one in the queue.

Advertisement