Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow football

Options
  • 12-06-2011 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

What a great result for the Carlow team v Louth.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭end a eknny

wexford must be wetting themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

no one expected them to win today and it will be the same on sunday week, i have to say fair play to them and hope they give wexford a good game, one game away from a leinster final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Great win. Totally unexpected against a decent Louth side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

unexpected yes...but they played well and got some monster scores...but the celebrating afterwards was like they won the all ireland... i know it was there first championship win in like 5 years..

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

This was a completely fantastic win...

A great day for all concerned.
    I was on the pitch after the match and I havent witnessed anything like it before.

Pure joy and emotion and its a fantastic uplift for Carlow GAA and the county in general.

The team did us proud and I cant wait for Croker :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

ok wexford on sunday, anyone going up to croke park? im not myself, do we have any hope of winning? if they did win this it would really be historic for the county and a massive boost to the team, its a pity its not televised.

ok wexford on sunday, anyone going up to croke park? im not myself, do we have any hope of winning? if they did win this it would really be historic for the county and a massive boost to the team, its a pity its not televised.

Got to put the clamps on their forwards. Wexford can put points on the board very quickly, so a good start is vital. If Carlow start poorly and let them gain leverage, then it could get ugly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Has some of team in today to talk to the kids. The excitement was incredible and it was fantastic to see all the Carlow greansaithe in the guard of honour. Real "pride in the jersey!"

Go for it, lads, ye deserve success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Which is really a West Wicklow song...One of our teacher's wrote a new Carlow anthem, that has to do with Carlow:D

• Advertisement

Has some of team in today to talk to the kids. The excitement was incredible and it was fantastic to see all the Carlow greansaithe in the guard of honour. Real "pride in the jersey!"

Go for it, lads, ye deserve success.

It's great to see. When you go to places like Kilkenny, Kildare or even Wexford or Laois, you actually get a sense of pride in the county. That's something you rarely get in Carlow unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

completely agree with you ..

Its fantastic to see a bit of pride back in the jersey. Its great to hear that the team are going into the schools aswell..

Cant wait for croker tomorrow.. shi**ing bricks.... but cant wait :D

C'mon Carlow

Brendan Hayden and Johnny Nevin have done some great work in the county in primary schools,as do Cumann na mBunscol, hopefully there will be fruit borne from this work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Would be nice to see a decent Carlow crowd heading to Croker tomorrow. They'll need the support. Always like to see Carlow do well even if I'm from Laois!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Would love a carlow dub final. Really hope the lads do a job on wexford tomorrow........i'm full of under dog hope after watchin cinderrella man :)

I've found a site that claims to be showing a live stream of the carlow/wexford game. Can i post a link mods.

I'm not a mod but i'd imagine it's ok as those links are always posted up in the soccer forum

Well we still have the back door........but in fairness 58 years waiting for that. Hope the lads can pick themselves back up

The two goals in the first half didn't help. A great first half, otherwise, many positives from today's game to take forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Was at the game, very close first half but big mistake from captain Redmond for their second goal right on half time and the heads just seemed to drop completely after that, second half was one to forget.

Did that link posted above work btw?

I couldnt get it to work. Before the match there was a notice saying stream starts 1 minute before kick-off. When the game started nothing happened.

A trip to Antrim next. Will be very surprised if they overcome that test. If they were at home, I would have more confidence.

Advertisement