Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business ABQ

• 12-06-2011 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Whats everyone expecting to come up for the ABQ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Hopefully a question on management activities :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 daex

Characteristics, management skills/activities. motivational theories and styles of leadership will probably be well suited to the question.
    Hope they don't pull any letters/memo's/notes.
    anyone have a quick way to learn ratios and the break even chart?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CdeP

I think a question on either Management Activities or Management Skills will almost certainly come up.

A question on Human Resource Management or Management of Change is another possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Hopefully a question on management activities :)

Yeah and I would imagine drafting a report or letter that includes information on part of the ABQ units. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone! 10 marks for the layout of the report/letter and 20 for the content.

Explain how Mr. Manager shows he uses the management skills (30 marks).

Right a letter to Mr. Manager outlining the importance of a business plan (or similar). (30 marks).

Outline 2 control systems you would put in place in Mr. Manager's business and give reasons for your answer. (20 marks)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I need to practise writing a report/letter haven't done that since the jc my teacher hasn't gone over that he just read the book to us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 daex

Yeah and I would imagine drafting a report or letter that includes information on part of the ABQ units. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone! 10 marks for the layout of the report/letter and 20 for the content.
    Fml.
    Outline 2 control systems you would put in place in Mr. Manager's business and give reasons for your answer. (20 marks)

What's this?

daex wrote: »
    What's this?

Quality control, stock control, financial control.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

Credit control too.

I could see insurances relevant to the business come up, or sources of finance for the unit 4 question.

Dr.Evil wrote: »
    Credit control too.

I could see insurances relevant to the business come up, or sources of finance for the unit 4 question.

I could see them in the report I mentioned but I don't know if that's because I saw it in a past ABQ.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Dr.Evil wrote: »
    Credit control too.

Credit control is pretty much the same thing as financial control.

A question on the stages of product development would be lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

management activities.
    you could be asked to draft a business plan so know that too and the importance.
    Insurance
    Empowerment
    New Product development
    Marketing
    Expansion
    sources of finance

there just from sample abqs i've done

Advertisement