Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom v Smart v Digiweb

• 12-06-2011 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

These seem to be the only providers I can avail of in my area, just wondering what would be the best to go for? Anecdotally I've heard Smart would be the best of the lot but they're very expensive (10mb is 40euro per month).

Digiweb offer up to (which I am very wary of) 24mb for 45euro per month.

I had Eircom before, albeit at a different address, and found them absolutely awful. They would be my last choice, unless this NGB thing is especially good?

My other issue is I currently don't have a phone line. I assume getting one will involve line rental? I don't need a home phone for any reason, I don't want one, I would never use it.

Comments

Digiweb own Smart.

They're all DSL and use Eircom lines. So if one is crap at that location, they'll probably all be crap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Digiweb own Smart.

They're all DSL and use Eircom lines. So if one is crap at that location, they'll probably all be crap...

Alright then thanks. Guess I'll just go for the cheapest.

Advertisement