Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terified that Im going to fail Irish

• 12-06-2011 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering is anyone else terified that they are going to fail Ordinary Level Irish. If I do it will mean that I will have to repeat everything. I only got 21% in the mock and I havnt learned much since then. :( But my Aural and Oral wernt taken into consideration for the mock.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

You won't have the repeat the Leaving. Some NUI colleges reqruire a pass in Irish for matriculation though, what CAO courses (if any) have you down?

Attempt each question and keep it simple and you more than likely won't fail.

Tóg go bog é:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

dambarude wrote: »
    You won't have the repeat the Leaving. Some NUI colleges reqruire a pass in Irish for matriculation though, what CAO courses (if any) have you down?

Attempt each question and keep it simple and you more than likely won't fail.

Tóg go bog é:cool:
    All of my courses require Irish. I applied to Maynooth, UCD, Cork and Gallway. I also applied to Trinity incase I fail Irish but I dont want to go there at all.

I have no choice but to keep it simple I only know small bits of Irish and to top it of we had no Irish teacher between Christmas and just after easter. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Studunne

Fail Irish no way !!
    From a personal experience. we had a teacher that was absolutely crap for the leaving,he was always late, and the day before the oral he announced that i had to read a scrip to the examiner ! he had a lot of personal problems as well, and could never take the heat. I also had no steady teacher for the junior cert, having no teacher for 8 months didn't help. I was in a class of messers and they all did foundation and failed

I did ordinary on the day without learning any poems, proses, sceals or never doing any comprehensions before, and I passed with a d2 !! i litreally used up my very ,limited and poorly spelled irish on the day. I got really worried to see if i passed or not but n August I was relieved

Bottom line...Stick with the ordinary paper, You will only fail if you don't write anything !!!

Best of luck :D
    STU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Golfy07

Im very worried about it aswell.
    Ive learned off an opening and closing of a letter and an accident.
    I think the comprehension and the listening is a good way to get marks.
    Hopefully both of us will be okay.
    Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

dillo, have a look at the predictions / discussion thread, see if there are any bits there that might help.

Stay calm going into the exam, and show the examiner what you *do* know rather than what you don't.

I know I probably sound like a heartless b*ll*x, but sitting down and learning a few useful phrases for your Paper I will do you far more good at this stage than worrying about whether you will pass, lad! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement