Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Money in Post Office Account

• 12-06-2011 6:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭

This just recently entered my mind. Back in 1994, my parents set up a post office savings account for my communion money: a couple of hundred pounds. Since then, I have more or less forgotten about it. I have absolutely no record of the account, the branch it was opened in has shut down, but it definitely exists.

Is there any way I can access this account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Black Rock

Yes contact the NTMA State Savings customer care team by
    Telephone....1850 30 50 60
    Text............0850 30 50 60
    [EMAIL="Email............Service@StateSavings.ie"]Email............Service@StateSavings.ie[/EMAIL]
    They will find your account based on your name and address at the time your account was opened.

State Savings is the brand name used by the National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA) to describe the range of savings products offered by the NTMA to personal savers.

An Post and the Prize Bond Company are agents of the NTMA for the operation of the State Savings schemes. Neither An Post nor the Prize Bond Company retain or manage any State Savings money - all State Savings money is placed directly with the Government under the management of the National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA).

More details on www.StateSavings.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I have an old Post Office Savings Bank Book which I found with a balance less than 1 Irish Punt.

I actually remember asking to close it back in the early 1990's but somehow they paid me some money and then marked up more interest on to it.

Maybe the interest has added up over the years and I'm due a €1. Am I mad looking for this now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭The Dogs Bollix

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I have an old Post Office Savings Bank Book which I found with a balance less than 1 Irish Punt.

I actually remember asking to close it back in the early 1990's but somehow they paid me some money and then marked up more interest on to it.

Maybe the interest has added up over the years and I'm due a €1. Am I mad looking for this now?

Check out statesavings.ie website, there are forms to download like change of address and request statement, under the customer service section. If you know your account number. It should be in the savings book.

I have a more recent savings book, last used in 2012, I think and I only had 4 cent. I downloaded the form and requested a statement. That 4 cent built up to over 3 euro. It's quite a lot actually out of 4 cent in a few years.

So its worth a go and see how much you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Any point in filling out a 'request for statement of account' form and writing on it I want to close my account and get a refund?

I take it that the account is now Dormant. They don't have any form's on the website (state savings) for Dormant accounts.

Advertisement