Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths HL solutions to every question

• 12-06-2011 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Here's the solutions. Includes other methods people had of doing certain questions, and the mistakes in my last ones have been corrected.

Also, no one noticed, but I had a mistake in 2.c.iii. The answer is a>10.

Question 4 is now included.

NOTE: If any SEC Personnel feel this is a breach of copyright or something, say the word and they will be removed immediately. :)

Question 1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Question 2, C using most peoples way and my original way of complex numbers.

Question 3, C using the general way and also induction

Question 4

Question 5

Question 6

• Advertisement

Question 7

Question 8

I assumed bumping this would be a good idea. Same thing will be made tomorrow for paper 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I assumed bumping this would be a good idea. Same thing will be made tomorrow for paper 2

Thanks so much for this one.. Hopefully tomorrow's paper won't be as bad as Paper 1 though..!

Your solutions gave me such a confidence boost! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

for q4 would I be very wrong to fill in values for n to find u1 and u2 and use those to find a and r? can't remember my answer, am counting on q4 after royally messing up q6.

• Advertisement

Which part of 4 are you talking about here?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

Which part of 4 are you talking about here?

the sum to infinity question, i think it was part (iii) (at least i interpreted it as the sum to infinity, again i could be very, very wrong. i usually leave out sequences and series)

aranciata wrote: »
    the sum to infinity question, i think it was part (iii) (at least i interpreted it as the sum to infinity, again i could be very, very wrong. i usually leave out sequences and series)

As in when you're finding the sum of the thing you got in (ii) you got the a and r
    by putting in 1 and 2 for n in the expression for ak?
    Yeah that's fine! :)

Advertisement