Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level 8 drop out returning to level 7 course?

Options
  • 12-06-2011 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I dropped out of my first year of a level 8 course before january. I know that if I return to a level 8 course I will have to pay half the full fees. I'm changing college and courses and hopefully will be entering first year of a level 7 course this september and was wondering if I will still have to pay half the full fees even though it's level 7? Also if I didn't have to pay and I did my level 7 then decided to progress into a level 8 of the same course will I have to pay the half fees entering the fourth year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

That was my exact scenario. You shouldn't have to pay fees. I went from an 8 to a 7 and did my first year of a 7 this year, without having to pay fees or anything like that.

I'm not sure about a level 8. I was talking to the college grant person, and they said if the Level 7 gets upgraded to an 8 (or you go from the 7 to the 8 as a final year) then the final year could be considered either the fourth year of an 8 (which is technically what it is, degree level wise) and thus be feeless or it could be considered another year one of an 8, and thus half fees apply.

Confusing or what? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 VeronicaMoon

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    That was my exact scenario. You shouldn't have to pay fees. I went from an 8 to a 7 and did my first year of a 7 this year, without having to pay fees or anything like that.

I'm not sure about a level 8. I was talking to the college grant person, and they said if the Level 7 gets upgraded to an 8 (or you go from the 7 to the 8 as a final year) then the final year could be considered either the fourth year of an 8 (which is technically what it is, degree level wise) and thus be feeless or it could be considered another year one of an 8, and thus half fees apply.

Confusing or what? :D

That is confusing lol? Do you know if I can apply for a grant even though I dropped out of first year? Someone told me I can only apply if I am a first year undergraduate? Thanks for your reply :D

Advertisement