Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i see ayrton senna movie in cork

Options
  • 12-06-2011 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

which cinemas are showing the ayrton senna movie. the listings on internet are giving no info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

it's in the Gate in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 retromotor

Senna -- is ONLY on Tuesday 14 @ Gate multiplex 21.30 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

on their website it says its playing tues 21st of june and no other date , is that it ? i cant believe they would only show it once

• Registered Users Posts: 32 retromotor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

on their website it says its playing tues 21st of june and no other date , is that it ? i cant believe they would only show it once

That's it, just one screening there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

tues 14 in north gate bridge tues 21 in mahon.. both one show only..bizarre. I spoke to the manager in mahon and thats what he said.

tues 14 in north gate bridge tues 21 in mahon.. both one show only..bizarre. I spoke to the manager in mahon and thats what he said.

Gate on June 21st as well as Mahon according to their FB

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

For a film that is getting great reviews why is it only showing for 2 nights in 2 differant cinemas tragic

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Going to book 3 tickets in Mahon Point for 21st. But i have to echo the setiment and wonder why many cinemas are only showing a limited amount of shows and in some cases, just the one. :confused:

The film good great reviews and the media attention surronding it should have made cinema bosses realise it wasnt just for the F1 fans or motorpsort fans among us.

I personally cant wait to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Going to see it tomorrow night cant wait even watched Grand Prix yesterday for first time in years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Saw this last night in the IFI in Dublin. Excellent documentary and worth a day trip up just to see it.

For the sound of the cars alone it NEEDS to be seen on the biggest screen with the best sound. It's a crying shame it doesn't have a wider release in Cork as it deserves a wider audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The lack of screen time for this is absolutely shocking - what annoys me more is when the next Twilight movie comes out there'll be 4 screens dedicated to it :mad:

PaulieC wrote: »
    The lack of screen time for this is absolutely shocking - what annoys me more is when the next Twilight movie comes out there'll be 4 screens dedicated to it :mad:

Disgrace. I have a buddy in Dublin, who like the poster above you said it really has to be seen and heard to believe, I cant wait to see it. I will probably get this on Blu-Ray when its released too, I remember the day he died, i was only just 9 at the tme but was watching F1 for about 2 years with my dad who was a huge fan, I didnt see the crash live but remember when the news broke that he died, I was gutted and in tears for the evening.

I'll definetly be bringig some tissue in my pocket incase their is a fly in my eye at the end :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

This is ridiculous. I just assumed it was on general release. Is there any explanation as to why screening is so pathetically limited? :mad:

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    This is ridiculous. I just assumed it was on general release. Is there any explanation as to why screening is so pathetically limited? :mad:

It's the distributer's strategy - same as in the UK - limited screenings.

It's a minority subject but one likely to have a very large dvd sale put-through so they do a limited release, maximise publicity, limit the outlay as they have fewer, fuller screenings to share margins with cinemas and then go very wide with the DVD release sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The film reviewer on Newstalk said that it there would be a limited release of it plus a 'Senna day' where it would be shown in a lot more cinemas. Presumably the 21st is that day.

If you can get tickets, do. I saw it last week and it was fantastic.

Well its sold out in the Omniplex in Mahon Point for their one and only show at 9pm on the 21st.

:(

Anyone any luck in any other cinema in Cork??

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Wanted to see this, but I'll be on hols :(
    But for everyone else, it's also in Blackpool and Ballincollig on the same day.

Book tickets for Blackpool here

Dido for Ballincollig here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i emailed the omniplex about them showing senna just once next tuesday, got this email today
    Good news - we have managed to secure Senna for another few shows. It will be showing at 6.45 and 9.00 on Tues, Weds and Thurs (21st - 23rd)

You can book your tickets at www.omniplex.ie or by phone 1520 444 000 or of course by coming in to the cinema itself.

Advertisement