Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AI sire help

• 12-06-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭

im looking for info on shottle sons that are coming thru for next year- cogent twist is one i looked at but his calving interval is terrible- cant use icbf if i dont know ai code or bull name. bulls im looking for must have at least 18kg fat and 18kg prot and must be both positive on %- might be a big ask but would appreciate the help-

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

unlikely that you'll find one with Shottle being so high in milk and negitive solids himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭stanflt

unlikely that you'll find one with Shottle being so high in milk and negitive solids himself

cogent twist s1036 has it so others will but his fertility is poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

did you try to run a sire select on icbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

Is Twist really that bad fertility wise, +1.2 days with decent survivability? Great milk and good linear! I'd use him no problem.

I'd wait, I'm sure there are many more sons on the way.

Is Twist really that bad fertility wise, +1.2 days with decent survivability? Great milk and good linear! I'd use him no problem.

I'd wait, I'm sure there are many more sons on the way.

With ETAZON CELSIUS in the blood line poor fertility will be an issue, fertility sub index -108 calving interval +8.11 days and survival -.99%, i don't think they come much worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

funny man wrote: »
    With ETAZON CELSIUS in the blood line poor fertility will be an issue, fertility sub index -108 calving interval +8.11 days and survival -.99%, i don't think they come much worse.

Fair enough but Twist has his own proof albeit low enough number of daughters yet, if you go back into every pedigree you'll see undesirable bulls for one reason or another. Thats why its best to use proven bulls with at least 100 daughters.

Fair enough but Twist has his own proof albeit low enough number of daughters yet, if you go back into every pedigree you'll see undesirable bulls for one reason or another. Thats why its best to use proven bulls with at least 100 daughters.

i'll second that

Advertisement