Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Creedon's retro road trip

• 12-06-2011 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭

Anyone waching this.Some fascinating archive film of the fleadh in Cashel in 1969.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

no...but read about it today in the papers..will have a look on RTE player throughout the week...looks good....cheers....:)

"his father had a "big Mercedes in the 1960's"....:eek:...rich feicker....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

His cousin Joe is the spit of Johns father. Joe runs Creedons hotel in Inchageela and was on the Brennan Bros programme last year. I laughed when
    John mentioned about places closing during the day so the owner could go for a few pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

I watched a little bit of it last night...something surreal about seen Creedon at the Orange festival getting photographed with a sash around him...didn't really know what to think- was he naive in thinking that he would be totally accepted at the Orange festival? (a few thugs started throwing things at him and the camera crew)- then he started saying- "sure, many of them probably wouldn't know where Carlow was, or Tralee" - but there's loads of places in the North I wouldn't know as a Southerner even though I've been up there often- I just didn't get what he was setting out to achieve- any thoughts?

Advertisement