Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dance Music Production Moderator

Options
  • 12-06-2011 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Please welcome eeloe who has been appointed moderator of Dance Music Production to work alongside the existing moderators frobisher and Neurojazz.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Malice wrote: »
    Please welcome eeloe who has been appointed moderator of Dance Music Production to work alongside the existing moderators frobisher and Neurojazz.

Congrats and welcome eeloe!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Cheers Lads.

Noticed the place was under pressure there a few weeks back when Jazz was posting his video tutorials so figured he'd could use a hand around the place! :-)

Happy to help!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Can we have a competition?

I don't mean one where there are actually any real prizes - or there's anything to win. Just something to get me off my procrastinating ass.

Yeah sure, why not!

You'll have to submit the competition ideas tho....the rules, running order, stuff like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

Ban Him!!

Comp idea, everyone create a 16 bar loop, then everyone who enters has to pick they're favourite 3 in order of preference, but cant vote for themselves.

winner gets called teachers pet by the rest of us;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Quiggers wrote: »
    Ban Him!!

Maybe, that sounds like a good idea.
    Comp idea, everyone create a 16 bar loop, then everyone who enters has to pick they're favourite 3 in order of preference, but cant vote for themselves.

I've had a bunch of different ideas. One is to get out of procrastinating, and get back to "finishing" tracks (the more tracks you finish, the more finished they sound). I've done some recent pieces that I can't force myself to put the hours in to finish.

I've had a few ideas. One was to take a genre, like trance (or closer to pystrance) where we all make a track with the same running bassline (1.2,1.3,1.4) same BPM 140, more or less the same idea. With the idea that we put a mix together. Or it doesn't have to be trance (But I just happen to have a bunch of unfinished trance tracks)

The genre doesn't have to be Trance - it could be Satanic jump up cocktail music.

But I think we should get the competition going with the intention of producing tracks people are going to want to play.

winner gets called teachers pet by the rest of us;)

And a life time supply of tap water.

Some people would be delighted to get a life time supply of free tap water next year, once the water meters come in!

Advertisement