Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any suggestions?

Options
  • 12-06-2011 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I am writing on the off chance someone might be able to help with what I suspect is quite an unusual idea......

I am taking a group of 40 to Dublin for the England v Ireland rugby world cup warm up game on 27 August this year. This is a particularly special weekend for one of our party so I am trying to pull out all the stops to make this a memorable weekend. With that in mind my latest idea was to try and see if I could find one or more traditional Ireland muscians to accompany us on a good natured bar crawl from the centre of the ground down to Landsdowne Road (i.e. play a few tunes at each pub to get the atmosphere going!). Happy to pay a good price for the right person/band and obviously as many beers as wanted! Not sure if this idea is realistic but thought I would would put this out there and see what the response was!

Thanks in advance......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

What type of instruments are you looking for? I know a couple of box players and a piper who do paid gigs and are good crack. Don't know if they are rugby fans though.

You could post on www.tradconnect.com a lot of Dublin based musicians there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 randomrequest

Many thanks for the response. I don't really have any fixed ideas (i.e. open to suggestions), but a piper and box players were certainly along the lines of what I had in mind (throw in a fiddler and you probably have it all for a pub to pub effort?!). I will also post on the other site as you suggest. Thanks again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Brilliant idea!
    Some of the pubs might not appreciate it though.

thesession.org has loads of musicians

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Don't think it would work on the day of the game as it would take up space that would otherwise be occupied . Rugby games = $$ for pubs.
    Also, very difficult to be heard as pubs in the area would be very noisy.

Nice idea but not workable on the day of the game imho. Would go along myself to hear the music though !!!

Advertisement