Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Servicing renault master campervan

• 12-06-2011 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,
    I am in Dublin and was wondering if anybody would recommend a garage in south dublin.
    I have a conversion and dont have the user manual, does anybody know when the timing belt should be changed and also the service intervals.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Year and engine of Van?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 merc camper

Its a 2007 with 2.5 litre 120 HP

I'm only listing a 2.8 and a 3.0L in Master for 07, but the 97 has a 2.5 listed.

Anyway, for a 2.8, Timing belt should be replaced every 54K miles, or every 3 years, whichever comes first.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭fatbast

i have a master van 09 and t belt is 72000 miles. truck and ambulance services cookstown ind est d24 can service it and doe it at a reasonable cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I'm only listing a 2.8 and a 3.0L in Master for 07, but the 97 has a 2.5 listed.

Anyway, for a 2.8, Timing belt should be replaced every 54K miles, or every 3 years, whichever comes first.
    dunno what datbase you're using Bri , but they dropped the 2.8 Fiat engine from the Master range before that . They had a 3.0 briefly , Nissan AFAIK,then all models went 2.5 Renault . Good engine tbh , grunty, quiet , economical and reliable in my experience . Easily maintained too .

The only thing to watch for is that whoever services it properaly adjusts the handbrake, at the calipers notjust by tightening the cable .

• Advertisement

AutoData

Did they use standard commercial vans for Coachbuilt base vehicles?
    Odd that Autodata doesn't list a 2.5 for 07

Untitled_80.jpg

well , tis wrong, I've serviced an '06 and an '07 during the past week , and both 2.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 merc camper

Its definately a 2.5 and front wheel drive.
    Aidan what are the service intervals

I ignore the (too long IMO) intervals and say once a year , or every 10-12,000 km . Whichever comes soonest.

Advertisement