Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live - parental control

Options
  • 12-06-2011 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭

Hi

I set up my kids on xbox live today with myself having parental control over their id. They are registered as "Child" currently.

I'm happy enough (as are they) with most of the controls in place under this setting.

However, when they send a friend request, it requires me to input a password every time. I trust them not to make a friend request with any random people (they haven't in PS3 and I'll also check regularly to make sure only people know to them are on their friend list), so I'm happy enough not to have this particular control in place. However, I don't seem to be able to change this individial setting on its own.

When I was looking at how I might change this, I seem only to be able to change from "Child" to "Teen" or "Adult" and I don't want to do this. I don't seem to have access to "Custom" which is the 4th option, but it is greyed out.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭stephen2022

eigrod wrote: »
    Hi

I set up my kids on xbox live today with myself having parental control over their id. They are registered as "Child" currently.

I'm happy enough (as are they) with most of the controls in place under this setting.

However, when they send a friend request, it requires me to input a password every time. I trust them not to make a friend request with any random people (they haven't in PS3 and I'll also check regularly to make sure only people know to them are on their friend list), so I'm happy enough not to have this particular control in place. However, I don't seem to be able to change this individial setting on its own.

When I was looking at how I might change this, I seem only to be able to change from "Child" to "Teen" or "Adult" and I don't want to do this. I don't seem to have access to "Custom" which is the 4th option, but it is greyed out.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

I think if you set it to family you have more access to options.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

I think if you set it to family you have more access to options.

Ah, thanks Stephen. That may explain it. I'll try that later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Just to close this off, when I went home last night, the "Custom" option was available to be selected (it was definitely greyed out and unavialable the first night I was trying). I have no idea what changed in the meantime.

This meant that I could customise various things, which was exactly what I wanted.

Thanks.

Advertisement