Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower vibrating causing circulation problems

Options
  • 12-06-2011 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭

I purchased a 2nd had self drive Husqvarna mower recently from an official Husqvarna dealer.

After i 1st used iit in noticed the lever for raising the cut levels is not on it and is permantntly bolted, i have a one year warranty do you think i am entitled to a free part?

Also the handles have no proper grips and just have insulating tape. This is a serious issue as the night after i mow the grass my arms tingle all night in bed and i keep waking up with circulation problems to my hands and fingers. This only ever occurs after i mow the grass and same happens ot my son.

Any advice appreciated and just felt i should share the story about the circulation probhlem et's very severe i think ill buy some padding for the grip handle bar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

sounds awful - if the padding doesn't help I'd look for a new mower. A neat lawn isn't worth the side-effects you're describing. I'm answering to warn you of worse - my Dad suffered from a detached retina caused by the vibrations of a lawn mower. Not worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Excessive exposure to vibration can cause hand arm vibration syndrome or "white finger" as it's better known. Personally I would take the mower back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

When you buy a second hand machine it is up to the customer to examine the machine and decide whether the general condition of the mower is acceptable for the price being charged.
    The mowers height adjustment lever being replaced by a bolt and the handle having no padding would have been obvious before you agreed to buy it so the seller would be under no obligation to repair them now free of charge.

However if the mower is causing excessive vibration there may be a mechanical fault which should be covered by the warranty and this you should get checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

The vibration may be caused by the blade not being balanced. I'd recommend you to have someone check it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭flan59

Any product you buy has to be fit for purpose which obviously this is not, take it back now and demand repair, replacement or refund. If that does not work there is the Consumer Protection Act, take a look at the website, we are far too willing to accept poor quality in this country without complaint. This problem might not be solved too easily but there is also the small claims court and the ombudsman if all else fails. Do not let this person away with selling you shoddy goods as you have a 12 month guarantee which he has to adhere to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

News update!

I contacted the shop they asked me to take it in and they will look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭touts

I would also go to a doctor and get checked out. One cutting of the grass should not be enough to cause circulation problems. These sort of work related repetitive strain injuries build up over time. If you were suffering circulation problems immediately then there may be something else going on. You should go for a check up.

Advertisement