Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Buying Yorkshire Terriers

• 12-06-2011 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Ok, so I've been looking for ages for a yorkshire terrier and have been emailing several different people who have pups for sale. One of them got back to me today who are selling the pups for €120, which I thought was a very good price. She has emailed me saying that she will be shipping the dog to my house if I want, and can arrive as early as tomorrow if I forward her my address. This sounded very very strange to me and I guess to everyone else now reading this. She said the pup would take 4 hours to arrive by the delievering company (dublin to wexford). She said the €120 is payable to the shipping company once the puppy arrives at my home. I have sinced emailing her asking for pictures of the dog and am now waiting on a reply. I'll post whatever reply I get, but what does everyone make of this? Am I right to be seeing a red flashing warning light?

I can post the emails if anyone is interested? I get the idea that who ever it is is foreign because some the words and language used suggests this. I apprecatie how people feel about people buying dogs from sites like donedeal/adpost etc. But any help or opinions would be apprectiated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's a well known scam, it's rife on sites where you can find puppies and cars.

There is no puppy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭antocann

yep 100% sounds like a scam ,
    when they say that they sent the puppy , then you will possible get an email from a so called corrier saying you have to pay them before delivery wich delivery never happens

would you look into adopting a dogs , there loads that need rehomed,
    and need a new chance in life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

Ok, so I've been looking for ages for a yorkshire terrier and have been emailing several different people who have pups for sale. One of them got back to me today who are selling the pups for €120, which I thought was a very good price. She has emailed me saying that she will be shipping the dog to my house if I want, and can arrive as early as tomorrow if I forward her my address. This sounded very very strange to me and I guess to everyone else now reading this. She said the pup would take 4 hours to arrive by the delievering company (dublin to wexford). She said the €120 is payable to the shipping company once the puppy arrives at my home. I have sinced emailing her asking for pictures of the dog and am now waiting on a reply. I'll post whatever reply I get, but what does everyone make of this? Am I right to be seeing a red flashing warning light?

I can post the emails if anyone is interested? I get the idea that who ever it is is foreign because some the words and language used suggests this. I apprecatie how people feel about people buying dogs from sites like donedeal/adpost etc. But any help or opinions would be apprectiated!
    you were rite to come here...alaaaaaaaaaaarmmmm belllls never buy a pup without seeing mother and father also the conditions they were left in and millions more questions that should be asked.PLEASE HAVE A READ TRU THE PUPPY FARMING STICKY AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ciara.smilie

Thanks everyone. She sent me pics of the 'pups' and has again requested me shipping details. I'll post emails when I've finished with her.

I have thought about adoption but am really set on getting this particular type of pup and they don't seem to be any in shelters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Please do not keep contacting this so called person, you are only encouraging the scammer.

Just ignore them and go to a reputable breeder through the Yorkshire terrier breed club which can be found by contacting the IKC.

Stay away from any websites selling pups as most of them are full of puppy farmers and dodgy breeders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Don't bother contacting them, you'd just be wasting your own time. These guys probably have several scams going at once. Yorkies, Chihuahuas, Persian cats, cheap BMWs.
    You pay for the courier, then there will be sevral things that come up you have to pay for. They steal the pics from sites/ads.

If you want to get a Yorkie, get in touch with the breed club I'd say, and check the sticky here about buying a pup. Find a good breeder, avoid trying to find a "quick" option, put in the research and time and get a healthy happy pup from a good breeder. Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the advice. Here are the emails for anyone interested:

Hello,
    Nice to get a mail from you regarding our lovely baby
    yorkies for adoption called Nena and Sam .They are very friendly to kids and other household pets.They are vet checked, pedigree, and have shots up to date.They are health guaranteed and deworming and will be coming to your home in a travel
    crate. They sound well with kids, other pets and toys. We always leave
    them in their room alone when we all go out for a moment. We lock them
    up with their play toys and some fruits, to make them comfortable.They

will play, eat and sleep. They have an excellent temperament and takes
    a very short time to know strangers. They don't grow wild when angry,
    that is one thing good about them.

Our fear is that we may give them out to someone who will not take
    proper care of them, because most people are interested in owning
    pet-yorkies, but cannot sacrifice the time to take care of them.
    yorkies need a lot of attention and will remain very friendly as

long as you tame them well. I will teach you more on taking
    care of them if you do not have any experience yet.

So if you are really interested get back to us with the following information.

Where you are located.........
    how many do you need..........
    Your phone number ...........
    and when you will need it .....

Once again thanks for your interest towards our babies and hoping
    to read from you soon.

Hello Ciara,
    unfortunately i am not located in Wexford, i am located in Dublin, but that should not be a problem because i shall be shipping the puppy to you from here using the fastest and best shipment agency as they will take just about 4 hours to deliver the puppy to you. So i will be sending the male puppy to you call Sam or do you want the female? So at this point i will like you to get back to me with your shipping address so that i can register the puppy at the shipment agency here in Dublin and they will deliver the puppy to you very early tomorrow morning. please give me the following;

your full names..................?
    your state/city...................?
    your address......................?
    your phone number.............?
    your zopcode.....................?
    and the nearest airport to you...............?

As soon as you get back to me with this information, i will go register the puppy at the shipment agency where he will be pending shipment and once i do so, they will let you know. Yes the 120€ if for the shipping fee and you shall pay that to the shipping agency, but first you should get back to me with your shipping address which i asked above. waiting...
    Regards.

well Ciara, i need your nearest airport because the shipping agency which i will be using will have to register a flight down to Wexford where you are located and you have to give me your nearest airport in Wexford, i just told you i am located in Dublin and will send the puppy from here. you can leave out the zipcode, but tell me your nearest airport. My husband was free now and he wanted to take the puppy to she shipping agency for registration now. The puppy will be delivered right to your house by a delivery man from the shipping agency. once you pay for the flight to the shipping agency, the will show you the departure and arrival time and you will know exactly when the puppy will arrive.This procedure is very easy and like i said it will take just 4 hours and you will have this puppy. It was just last week that we also sent a puppy to Cork here in Ireland. So please waiting for your shipping address.

well, i thought you would give me Cork as your nearest airport and then they will ship the puppy there and the delivery man will bring him to your house. also,i was supposed to send the puppy with a handbook where you could read everything about taking care of the puppy and i was not supposed to teach you here. there is a handbook which the puppy would have been coming along with his papers too, and there you could read everything. well if you are not taking the puppy, i will be offering them to an interested family in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

SCAM!!! How can people fall for this, seriously??:confused:

Stop replying to them and encouraging them, just ignore them, end of!!

I have, I stopped replying to them. I didn't know it was a scam right off hand, and obviously realised quikly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

A well known scam, you'l find loads of these on websites selling pups such as donedeal, buy & sell, gumtree etc.

Yorkies are popular little dogs for puppy farmers so please be very careful about who you buy one from, have a read of this thread and also the links at the end of it http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056295154

Is it specifically a pup you are looking for, yorkies are very popular dogs so there are loads coming into shelters and pounds across the country, very rarely are there young purebred yorkie pups but you should have no problem finding a young one around the 6 months mark if you keep your eyes open and be prepared to travel a bit further (which you would probably have to do to find a good breeder anyways).

Theres 2 yorkies on this page http://www.irishanimals.ie/terriers_homes.html http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=78809&pid=600377&mode=threaded&start=#entry600377 Keep an eye on here, especially the urgent matters section which is updated nearly daily with dogs in pounds http://www.petsireland.invisionzone.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

Ill be buying a Yorkshire Terrier puppy on friday. The first thing I done when I contacted the seller was ask if I could see where the puppies are kept and see the parents. So I went to see the parents and puppies a few days later. The puppies are kept in the kitchen with the parents in the house. The puppies were three weeks old when I saw them and that was a month ago.

From the sounds of the OP the seller is definately a scammer. Why wont the breeder deliver the puppy and why is the breeder sending the puppy by a delivery company is what would ring an alarm for me and I would quit contact with them straight away.

Steve30x wrote: »
    Ill be buying a Yorkshire Terrier puppy on friday. The first thing I done when I contacted the seller was ask if I could see where the puppies are kept and see the parents. So I went to see the parents and puppies a few days later. The puppies are kept in the kitchen with the parents in the house. The puppies were three weeks old when I saw them and that was a month ago.

From the sounds of the OP the seller is definately a scammer. Why wont the breeder deliver the puppy and why is the breeder sending the puppy by a delivery company is what would ring an alarm for me and I would quit contact with them straight away.

Yeah when she emailed me about sending the dog by a delievery service i reaised what was going on, shocking really.

Thats great for you, congrats! Do you mind me asking where you found the seller? Was it from donedeal, or a site like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

Yes it was donedeal I found her. Its very hard to find yorkshire terriers down this side of ireland. The reason I wanted a yorkie is because my parents had a yorkshire terrier for ten years and he was the sweetest dog ever. He died three years ago and have wanted a yorkshire terrier ever since. Also I want a little companion for my Bonny to run around the house and play with. Ive seen a few ads on there that looked suspicious , because it looked the puppies were being kept in a shed.

Advertisement