Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Time vs Study Time. . .

Options
  • 12-06-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Has anyone else's time on the net gone UP since the exams started. . .if so, is it because your work is done, or is it a coping mechanism. . .

. . .or have the sites you're on changed. . .I find I spend much more time on boards discussing exams ect, rather than following sport, or watching TV. . .

Approximately how much time do you spend on the internet each day at the moment? 47 votes

Less than half an hour
    0% 0 votes
    Between half an hour and 1 hour
    4% 2 votes
    Between 1 and 2 hours
    12% 6 votes
    Between 2 and 3 hours
    38% 18 votes
    Over 3 hours
    44% 21 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dbstf

Has anyone else's time on the net gone UP since the exams started. . .if so, is it because your work is done, or is it a coping mechanism. . .

. . .or have the sites you're on changed. . .I find I spend much more time on boards discussing exams ect, rather than following sport, or watching TV. . .

That is so true.. I never spent any time on boards before now i go on it all the time. and also u spend more time at home so u have 2 options studying and going on the net and when ure done studying theres nothing else to do so u go on the net

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

The only site I'm going on at the moment is this one... and I was never really on here much before the exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Dbstf wrote: »
    That is so true.. I never spent any time on boards before now i go on it all the time. and also u spend more time at home so u have 2 options studying and going on the net and when ure done studying theres nothing else to do so u go on the net
    Aaaand ... can I just remind you that this site has a "no textspeak!" policy, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

Yeah I go on the internet now instead of turning on the tv. I think Boards is my most visited site in the last 2 weeks. Its hard to get the auld leavin' off your mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dbstf

Aaaand ... can I just remind you that this site has a "no textspeak!" policy, thanks! :)

I did not realise that. I sincerely apologise! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

For me its boards and fantasy baseball, its really addictive !

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I spend like 10 hours a day on the interned and about 1/2 hours study :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

I spend like 10 hours a day on the interned and about 1/2 hours study :(:(:(:(

Thank god i'm not alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 StudiosStudent

I think I spend so much time on here cause I'm afraid to study and hopefully I'll see something on here that I'll remember and be able to use in my exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I end up being hours on here. Planning to study then ending up on the internet for ages then eventually I'll do some studying then end up back on this then a bit more study.
    I seriously do plan to do hours then it ends up only being 1/2 / 3 at the most.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

My post count has quadrupled in the last 2-3 weeks. On the plus side, I have learned a lot from you guys and I got quoted in the Independent AND the Times :)
    I think I spend so much time on here cause I'm afraid to study and hopefully I'll see something on here that I'll remember and be able to use in my exam.
    Welcome by the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

Cydoniac wrote: »
    My post count has quadrupled in the last 2-3 weeks. On the plus side, I have learned a lot from you guys and I got quoted in the Independent AND the Times :)

Welcome by the way :)

Cool any chance of a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

and I got quoted in the Independent AND the Times :)
    I was on the times and the radio!
    Though they got my quotes from twitter I suppose :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

sob1467 wrote: »
    Cool any chance of a link?
    Aw shucks, alright :P here and here. I think they're stalking me to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Not really on the net for 10 hours a day but defiantly on my PC for over 12

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mpdg

Oh sweet mother divine, this website/the internet will be the death of me. I too feel like being on here is a distraction method. I can't deal with the thought of actually studying because it will be a reminder that, yes, I have a rake of exams to do. So, by not studying, I'm avoiding that thought. I used to study so well! Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Yeah Buddy

The best excuse is that you have a song stuck in your head which you NEED to listen to in order to clear your mind and concentrate. An hour later you're reading Hulk Hogan's wikipedia page:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I go on the internet in the evening when watching tv so depending how late I'm up it has the potential to add 4 or 5 hours to my total..! Add in when I go on during study breaks and it's actually scary..!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Yeah Buddy

Time for an Entourage episode I watched online over a year ago, bye guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Aw shucks, alright :P here and here. I think they're stalking me to be fair!
    Lol, I see they have quoted me at the end of that Times one, but attributed it to a different username!! :D

Probably decided my username wasn't appropriate for the IT! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Lol, I see they have quoted me at the end of that Times one, but attributed it to a different username!! :D

randylonghorn>danoboy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

im currently at 10hours on this . have the maths book open for the past 20 minutes. now getting video toturiols and musit in the backround. computer hours 10+ study -100 Hours ha ha. oh how i and study do not go together. i realise there is a english mistake in this but past my energy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭martyllia

1-2 max,studying 8-10 hrs daily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

Probably decided my username wasn't appropriate for the IT! :pac:
    I was quoted on the radio from my twitter, and instead of checking my account for my actual name like the did for the other guy they quoted. They said, "And by a person who is known only as... and my twitter name"
    God I was raging :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

My twitter got quoted in the times so thats something i guess :P
    But ya.... Boards has been a necessity to my life for the last 2 years. Don't see my addiction levelling off anytime soon :o get away kids as fast as you can!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

all these apply to me, and the fact I know what this is is sad in its own right.

1wc4.jpg

2irt.jpg

tumblr_l88vljGPRk1qcqorzo1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 vagi_bleeder

Internet and study time go hand in hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

During my xmas and summer exams I installed the Leechblock add-on for firefox and blocked Facebook until like 6pm every day. I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I'm spending too much time online :( I'm going back over the papers on here and reading very long threads which I don't need!
    I'm also on FB for hours becuase I'm in a different centre than my friends and I really miss them. I sound like such a sap saying that, but I haven't seen any of them for a month and I need my friends to destress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

Boards is the new facebook:D

Advertisement