Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 Limited Edition: Physical Warfare Pack

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Total biscuits take on the DLC issue.

http://youtu.be/db7-m0YuNU8?t=5m30s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

You know I was looking forward to BF3 for the past few months.
    I seriously considered preordering to get the back to Karkand pre order bonus maps.
    I thought the open beta announced at E3 was an incredibly good move to convince people this game is worth buying.

now im just going to talk with my money, no thanks EA I will spend my 40-50-60€ or how ever much the game would have cost on something else ( not mw3 ) and in future avoid the whole EA brand. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Who cares, its great to get some more guns. I am happy about it.

If I buy it from here will I get it or is it only shipped to the UK?

http://www.gamestop.ie/39730_PlayStation_3_Battlefield_3_Limited_Edition_Physical_Warfare_Pack.aspx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

From some reports, Scandinavia gets a set of 8 extra SpecTact skins, and Greece gets 5 extra personally customized dogtags. The first may be a re-use of the advertising spiel from BC2, but the Greek one looks valid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I can't abide this and I'm surprised at DICE, although not at EA. Sad fact is I know I'll end up buying the game regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

DICE has little or no say in it pretty much, EA pays the bills

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

mozattack wrote: »

If I buy it from here will I get it or is it only shipped to the UK?

http://www.gamestop.ie/39730_PlayStation_3_Battlefield_3_Limited_Edition_Physical_Warfare_Pack.aspx

ANYONE KNOW THIS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

If i buy the limited edition box, does that include the whole thing or do you need to buy two seperate items?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

KeithAFC wrote: »
    If i buy the limited edition box, does that include the whole thing or do you need to buy two seperate items?

If you pre-order it anywhere you'll get Back to Karkand. If you pre-order it at the correct retailer you'll get the PWP. It'll be ordered as a single item. indeed, the PWP can't be bought otherwise.

Dice will apparently make some sort of statement tomorrow:

http://twitter.com/#!/L_Twin/status/81013165768450049

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 merc.ie

Does it really matter that much if you have a couple more or less generic guns/character skins/dogtags? It's reasonable to assume there will probably be 4+ other LMGs and shotguns to choose from. For example, if you lost access to the type 88 LMG from BC2 would it even matter? Consider the number of alternative LMGs and their overlapping performance..

The map packs are a different story as they'll fragment the servers even more along with the likes of TDM, rush, hardcore and whatever other modes they include. Any copy bought in the first few months will probably include the Back to Karkand DLC though.

If anything the boycott should be over the abundance of BC2 features that seem to have crept into BF3 :p No 3D spotting/health regen/spawning on everyone please

Spear wrote: »
    If you pre-order it anywhere you'll get Back to Karkand. If you pre-order it at the correct retailer you'll get the PWP. It'll be ordered as a single item. indeed, the PWP can't be bought otherwise.
    Will that come with the original game though? If i buy PWP, will i get Karkand?

Will that come with the original game though? If i buy PWP, will i get Karkand?

It's not possible to get PWP without Karkand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

As long as it has ak-47s it will be grand. :D

d22ontour wrote: »
    As long as it has ak-47s it will be grand. :D

None seen yet, just an AK-74M and AKS-74U.

It's not possible to get PWP without Karkand.
    So am i going to have to buy 3 things then? Original game, PWP and then Karkand?

So am i going to have to buy 3 things then? Original game, PWP and then Karkand?

You can't but them separately. Karkand will be available separately eventually, but probably not until a month after the main release. PWP can never be bought separately.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

mozattack wrote: »
    You're not getting any more of anything. They're taking something out of the game that was already in it, and then offering it back to people who pre-order at a certain store.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was going to pre-order on Steam. Now... I don't know. Probably wait and see what retailer gives it out the cheapest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

the_syco wrote: »
    Was going to pre-order on Steam. Now... I don't know. Probably wait and see what retailer gives it out the cheapest?

Yeah probably best to hold off until closer to release date

• Advertisement

I hate what EA are doing with the DLC but fcuk it im going against all my principles and im going to pre order the game regardless.
    I dont think ive ever looked forward to the release of an fps game so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Dcully wrote: »
    I hate what EA are doing with the DLC but fcuk it im going against all my principles and im going to pre order the game regardless.

Yeah. As disgusted as I am at EA for this move I'll be getting it anyway... Probably with the Physical Bull**** Pack as well. The only reason? Its this or Modern Warfare... :rolleyes:

Yup, I'm another hypocrite who hates this and pre-ordered my PWP edition too. At least it's better than useless skins or tags.

Yup, I'm another hypocrite who hates this and pre-ordered my PWP edition too. At least it's better than useless skins or tags.

Where did you order from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    You can cancel pre-orders.

That was surprisingly quick and easy. I had online chat with one of EA's agents through their online support thingy. Told him I wanted to cancel in order to get the physical warfare pack from a different distributor and they canceled the order straight away.

Where did you order from?

In store with Game. They gave me a free poster, and free is always good.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

/thread

Good news :D

and from there:
    We will unlock the contents of the Physical Warfare Pack for free to all Battlefield 3 players later this year.

So let this be a lesson: fanboy frothing and whining does work.

Also Karkand isn't on the disc, day 1 DLC style crap that so many others have done, it's actually separate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Also Karkand isn't on the disc, day 1 DLC style crap that so many others have done, it's actually separate.

I also got the impression that it wasn't going to be available immediately on release day but no specified time was given.

Advertisement