Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 Limited Edition: Physical Warfare Pack

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

All is well and good in the world again! :D

I still think i'll pre-order it in Game, as i want that poster...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Delighted!

In my eyes at least, DICE have completely redeemed themselves.

...I still hate EA though. Like Activision, the only thing they could do to redeem themselves in my eyes is go bust. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Are they even selling a standard edition of battlefield 3?
    All I've seen everywhere are limited edition ones.... they are not very limited tbh :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are they even selling a standard edition of battlefield 3?
    All I've seen everywhere are limited edition ones.... they are not very limited tbh :pac:

It's a common tactic these days, from various publishers. The standard version either never exists or is only stocked after the initial release has passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Wait.. whining works?

Oh sweet god they've gone and opened Pandora's box now

• Advertisement

Stingerbar wrote: »
    Wait.. whining works?

Oh sweet god they've gone and opened Pandora's box now

We got that open with Bad Company 1. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

I cant be the only person that still sees the problem can I?

If you have the physical warfare pack you have a day one advantage over players that dont. It doesn't matter that eventually everyone will have access weeks or months after release the game is still divided into the haves and have nots.

I don't want to play any competitive online shooter where I'm punished (every so slightly) for not spending my 50€ in the right place.

I honestly don't think EA or Dice will ever get my money again they are on the bleeding edge of a horrible trend in video games a trend I see as nothing but insulting.

p.s. yeah im still bitching and will continue to bitch cause the problem is still there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

p.s. yeah im still bitching and will continue to bitch cause the problem is still there :P

No its not... Thats a bit like saying that you wont play COD because you havent unlocked all the weapons when loads of people already have done so, when in a few weeks/months you will have unlocked them.

Fair enough unlocking these weapons is out of your control, but you will have them eventually.

Chances are they wont be any use anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

Korvanica you just skirted over my whole post and nearly the whole thread, the problem inst that I dont have access to some weapon mods its the whole scenario where buying from one store gives players an advantage no matter how small that advantage is its the principle, if this kind of bonus to multiplayer on launch setup continues then what will happen in future EA games and games in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 merc.ie

Just how much of an advantage, if any, that the exclusive weapons offer really is what matters - if the're overpowered then it is a problem. DICE will probably be wary of this given the hornet's nest that has been stirred up and will make them near identical to weapons that will be available to everyone to unlock normally.

Did the limited edition of Bad Company 2 give early access to weapons and vehicle customisations? Did that bother folk this much?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

merc.ie wrote: »
    Just how much of an advantage, if any, that the exclusive weapons offer really is what matters - if the're overpowered then it is a problem. DICE will probably be wary of this given the hornet's nest that has been stirred up and will make them near identical to weapons that will be available to everyone to unlock normally.

Did the limited edition of Bad Company 2 give early access to weapons and vehicle customisations? Did that bother folk this much?

No-one minds early access, just exclusive access.

It's too early to tell about balance levels, since we don't know enough about the gameplay and mechanics at this point. Dice have promoted the SKS flash supressor as "essential for any teamwork minded recon" player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Spear wrote: »
    No-one minds early access, just exclusive access.

It's too early to tell about balance levels, since we don't know enough about the gameplay and mechanics at this point. Dice have promoted the SKS flash supressor as "essential for any teamwork minded recon" player though.

Really tough balancing act between marketing it so people will buy it, but not so much that people get irked if they can't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    We got that open with Bad Company 1. :D

you mean Bad Company 2 don't you? ;)

BC1 was only released on console and no box was opened :D

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    you mean Bad Company 2 don't you? ;)

BC1 was only released on console and no box was opened :D

Nah, I'm talking about killing off the whole micro-transactions thingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

Has anyone pre ordered from Xtra Vision and asked about pre-orders and whether they'll get BtK? I know Gamestop do give you Karkand, but because Xtra Vision is Irish and all.... thanks for any replies.

P.S - Loved Strike on Karkand on BF2

Has anyone pre ordered from Xtra Vision and asked about pre-orders and whether they'll get BtK? I know Gamestop do give you Karkand, but because Xtra Vision is Irish and all.... thanks for any replies.

P.S - Loved Strike on Karkand on BF2

All pre-orders should get BtK, regardless of retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Out of interest if Back to Karkland is a pre-order exclusive, how many other maps will be available on release day?

I heard nothing about this. Is it those 4 only or how many?

mozattack wrote: »
    Out of interest if Back to Karkland is a pre-order exclusive, how many other maps will be available on release day?

I heard nothing about this. Is it those 4 only or how many?

BtK is four, but beyond that there's no info. Operation Metro is the only one shown to any real degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

interesting to see Physical Warfare Pack included in pre order with gamestop....

http://www.gamestop.ie/39730_PlayStation_3_Battlefield_3_Limited_Edition_Physical_Warfare_Pack.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Game still doing the free poster ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dpe

Since its £29.99 on the GAME website, which will be a lot cheaper than Steam's ripoff euro pricing, it looks like a bit of a no-brainer to me (you can always add it Steam anyway).

dpe wrote: »
    Since its £29.99 on the GAME website, which will be a lot cheaper than Steam's ripoff euro pricing, it looks like a bit of a no-brainer to me (you can always add it Steam anyway).
    It wont be available on Steam. Only on Origins (EA's new DD portal)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Jim wrote: »
    It wont be available on Steam. Only on Origins (EA's new DD portal)

Thankfully, that has not yet been confirmed. It may see a Steam release.

Fnz wrote: »
    Thankfully, that has not yet been confirmed. It may see a Steam release.
    I very much doubt EA will cripple the growth of Origins by released BF3 on Steam. They already know a large % of the PC base will just buy it on Steam if it's released on there and then never bother with Origins.

I very much doubt EA will cripple the growth of Origins by released BF3 on Steam. They already know a large % of the PC base will just buy it on Steam if it's released on there and then never bother with Origins.

You may be right, EA have not said anything definitive on the subject afaik. I have my doubts. They would risk retarding sales at a time when they publicly want to bring the fight to CoD. I'm guessing the EA store does not see a fraction the traffic of Steam.

I suspect, the furthest they will push this is to wait for an 11th hour appearance on Steam. This allows EA to benefit from all the digital preorders up until that point, without pissing off the Steam-faithful too much. It could be a timed Origin exclusive, but even that seems doubtful. Valve and EA have a working relationship, with EA acting as publisher on their retail titles.

EA must be mindful of other, smaller, considerations such as 'how much PC users enjoy being forced to change their habits' and the poor experience people had with past EA download services.

Fnz wrote: »
    You may be right, EA have not said anything definitive on the subject afaik. I have my doubts. They would risk retarding sales at a time when they publicly want to bring the fight to CoD. I'm guessing the EA store does not see a fraction the traffic of Steam.

I suspect, the furthest they will push this is to wait for an 11th hour appearance on Steam. This allows EA to benefit from all the digital preorders up until that point, without pissing off the Steam-faithful too much. It could be a timed Origin exclusive, but even that seems doubtful. Valve and EA have a working relationship, with EA acting as publisher on their retail titles.

EA must be mindful of other, smaller, considerations such as 'how much PC users enjoy being forced to change their habits' and the poor experience people had with past EA download services.
    Not sure how good their relationship is atm with Valve forcing Crysis 2 off Steam after EA announced Origins. Although I'm not 100% sure of the reasons for this.

Not sure how good their relationship is atm with Valve forcing Crysis 2 off Steam after EA announced Origins. Although I'm not 100% sure of the reasons for this.

Yeah, not clear exactly why that happened - Valve have, so far, declined to comment. That doesn't mean that Bf3 is any more or less likely to appear on Steam. They may wish to improve relations after this Crysis 2 situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

is gamestop.ie the cheapest preorder at 43.97 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Made a pre-order, my first ever, from gamestop.ie. cant wait for this game!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Pre-ordered it in Game on Saturday. No posters left :(

Advertisement