Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 Limited Edition: Physical Warfare Pack

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Which Gamestop shop is most likely to have a few in if I decide to pre-order it in a Gamestop store? Don't want to pop in only to find out that shop only ordered in one copy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bf2000ie

Booked BF3 ages ago with Game, they could not guarantee at the time which version i was booking :confused: Had to go back the other day so they could confirm my booking and what I booked.
    I've always booked my games at Game but since I got the signature edition of GT5 they have gotten sloppy. Booked special editions and they don't actually keep one for me (Black ops).

HAHA.... while writing this I get a call from Game to go in and confirm what I have booked and deposits paid. Very trustworthy company!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

the_syco wrote: »
    Which Gamestop shop is most likely to have a few in if I decide to pre-order it in a Gamestop store? Don't want to pop in only to find out that shop only ordered in one copy...

Would you not just pre-order it online? Or do you really want the physical copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Would you not just pre-order it online? Or do you really want the physical copy?

agreed....the EA downloader is pretty fast....I much prefer it than Steam...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    agreed....the EA downloader is pretty fast....I much prefer it than Steam...

Downloaded a 4gig game in 15 mins on a 30 meg connection, couldn't tell the download speed, but that had to be the fasted download I ever had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jay tipperary

Jim wrote: »
    Surely preorder would be the obvious cheaper option? Does it cost anything extra to preorder? Thought you just put your €5 down and then got it deducted from the price of the game when you pick it up.

i pay 3 euro a week off bf3 and mw3 in gamestop so u dont have to hand over loads of cash on pre-order games i pre-order bf3 2 weeks ago i hope too get these free packs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Having a look online for digital copies..

Whats the best price anyone has found? (from a trustworthy site)

e29.99 seems to be the best so far..
    http://play-sc.com/Battlefield-3-PC-Download-Origin-Key.html

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Having a look online for digital copies..

Whats the best price anyone has found? (from a trustworthy site)

e29.99 seems to be the best so far..
    http://play-sc.com/Battlefield-3-PC-Download-Origin-Key.html

Good price but it's just the vanilla version, it'd suck missing out on the limited edition stuff as infuriating as the concept is when it can be got for the same price if you opt for the physical copy..

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

A Russian contact is selling standard for around 11e and 23e for limited edition.

I'm going to wait closer to release to pick it up , was tempted to pre-order from gamestop but i don't think id get it early.

• Advertisement

i'm kinda hoping i'll get it early..cos some people who ordered fifa 12 off them got it day before release..so fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just ordered the Limited Edition Physical warfare from gamestop for 30 euro, dont think anyones gonna beat that price tbh, chose the normal post as im away that weekend and dont mind if it doesnt arrive till tuesday.
    But still im left wondering why origin is charging 50 euro for digital distribution when a physical copy costs 20 euro less

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

VinLieger wrote: »
    Just ordered the Limited Edition Physical warfare from gamestop for 30 euro, dont think anyones gonna beat that price tbh, chose the normal post as im away that weekend and dont mind if it doesnt arrive till tuesday.
    But still im left wondering why origin is charging 50 euro for digital distribution when a physical copy costs 20 euro less
    Different vendors choose their own prices. If Origin felt that the cheaper retail prices would affect the money they'll make from the high price they offer they would lower it. Guess they don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Jim wrote: »
    Different vendors choose their own prices. If Origin felt that the cheaper retail prices would affect the money they'll make from the high price they offer they would lower it. Guess they don't care.

Whats the RRP for a store for BF3? The price set by EA but stores ignore and cut their own profits to try get one up on each other.

Now if EA were to sell BF3 on Origin for €30, my guess is Game/Gamestop and so would engage in lawsuits for unfair practices or conflict of interests, since EA (their supplier) are pricing them out of the market.

And selling games at €50 online that go for €30 in most B&M stores seems to work wonders for Valve, so why not?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Is the origin pre-load on the 21st available to us in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Ordered mine from Game.

Ya think there is a 100% chance of having it for next Friday. I am told I will cos it ships from Dublin...but

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭12weeks12miles

Ok, someone explain what the hell is with all this PWP and stuff:) ha!

Also what retailers are offering the best pre-order specials thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ok, someone explain what the hell is with all this PWP and stuff:) ha!

Also what retailers are offering the best pre-order specials thanks

Gamestop have the best price for PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Pre ordered with Gamestop, you get the weapon pack as an extra, but playing the beta their really is a crap load of weapon mods, can't see a few extra making much difference. I also heard you get the skins as well with Gamestop, but don't see it advertised. cheapest for pc anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭12weeks12miles

Where would people recommend to preorder the ps3 game , thanks[PHP][/PHP]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Where would people recommend to preorder the ps3 game , thanks[PHP][/PHP]

gamestop.ie

http://www.gamestop.ie/39730_PlayStation_3_Battlefield_3_Limited_Edition_Physical_Warfare_Pack.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Why does anyone care about skins, it isn't like you can even see you character? Unless there is a mirror in the Metro maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

mozattack wrote: »
    Why does anyone care about skins, it isn't like you can even see you character? Unless there is a mirror in the Metro maybe?

well if they do it the same way as in BC2 (and I really hope they do) you'll basically have two of each class.
    So for example you can have 2 x Assault classes as follows.
    1. M16A3 + acog+heavy barrel+grip for outside area
    2. HK416+ IR scope+ flashlight +grip for inside

So rather than having to change your weapons + accessories around in-game you can just select the 2nd class instead.
    Of course knowing EA the fúcktards will probably disable this feature and just have shítty skins. :(

Advertisement