Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House for sale asking price and sale price

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

Semi in Knocknacarra, Galway. Asking = 215,000. Sold for 193,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Dades wrote: »
    So when you say, "sale agreed" - you're going to screw them over by having them take the property off the market for a few weeks and then demand more off the price before signing the contract?

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Dades sig wrote:
    There is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

That was my initial gripe!

I simply don't see the purpose of a refundable deposit, tbh.

It's not an agreement of any worth until the contract is signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

There is an interesting thread over on thepropertypin, basically SherryFitz released all the prices they achieved in Sales in Dublin for the last 6 months.

However they don't have the address's in, so they are trying to match them based on the area and then find the last advertised price. Not an easy task however would give some good info.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 society

I wouldn't trust those figures. Some of them look totally made up (how could any of those properties reached close to asking price. This index was just compiled to goad FTB who are putting in realistic offers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

So when you say, "sale agreed" - you're going to screw them over by having them take the property off the market for a few weeks and then demand more off the price before signing the contract?

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Dades sig wrote:
    There is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself.

:)
    confused.com

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭f9710145

Malahide - asking €315k, sale agreed in 15 days at €310k (even had 2 bidders!!)
    Kinsealy/Swords - asking €320k, sale agreed at €310k - on the market since last Aug, started at €420k.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Bangor Co Down, i bought mine 2 months ago, asking price 100,000, bought for 98,000. Maybe should have went in bit lower but didn't want a bidding war. 3 yrs ago, would have been prob 140,000. Quite happy with what i paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Newbee09

benwavner wrote: »
    I am sale agreed on a 3 bed semi d in Cabinteely. I am a FTB, the house is 128 sq m, 80ft backgarden,garage, converted attic but lots of modernisation needed. It originally went up at 475k (Crazy),now advertised at 360, we have agreed at 290k...hopefully negotiating another 15-20k off too.

Can i ask where abouts in cabinteely---that is a great price!:)

Advertisement