Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log Tables in Irish Exam?

• 12-06-2011 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Out of interest, if you asked for log tables in an Irish exam, would the examiner be obliged to give them to you?

It might come in handy for those occasioned to terrible Irish grammar, like myself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Doubt it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

No, if you look in your exam centre there'll be a certain list of subjects where you're allowed to use log tables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I think* I had mine in my exam, because our supervisor never bothered collecting them, and I used them for a couple of sciencey words, but it wasn't any real help. Also, I had the old barely readable tables book...

Ask? But dont count on it, and it wont help much tbh.

*I could have easily dreamt this... It was 3 years ago!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

jawn wrote: »
    Out of interest, if you asked for log tables in an Irish exam, would the examiner be obliged to give them to you?

It might come in handy for those occasioned to terrible Irish grammar, like myself.

There was a notice in our exam hall about the log tables on Friday. They only give them out in a few exams, Irish aint one of them !

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Dougal.Maguire

no. theres only certain exams that you can get log tables in - maths physics chemistry etc.

Our examiner told us that on the 1st day and showed us a list on the wall too with those subjects and a picture of the logtables, it should be in your exam room too ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

I think they are obliged to give them to you.. well i'm fairly sure anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Only for certain exams, Irish isn't one of them! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement