Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Event - Fashion Show + 17 DJ's

Options
  • 12-06-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Ladies and Gentlemen let’s get together for Tyra’s Charity Evening. With your support we have the opportunity to save young Tyra’s heart and life.
    Complimentary of our sponsors join us for the Fashion Show presented by Polina Poli and Ireland`s young & talented fashion designers from NCAD (National College of Art and Design) .You can have a taste of Irish future fashion hosted by Maria Fusco, Ireland’s voted top stylist for 2011. We have our sexy/hansom models flaunting there beauty and the designer’s art , while enjoying this eye candy, indulge in our tasty snacks and drink specials from our sponsors Cave man snacks and Good Bits.

If there's any items you fancy you can puchase some items on the eveing of the fashion event.
    Music by: Dj Ilk
    Hosted by : Ireland’s top fashion stylist Maria Fusco
    Designers: Polina Poli + Minevich
    NCAD (National College of Art and Design):
    Leanne Keogh
    Mary Fitzpatrick
    Audrey Kennealy
    Laura-may Hegarty
    Sinead Kennedy
    Ailis Mara
    Kirstie Keohane
    Claire Lynam
    Olwyn Kelly
    Aimée Chi-Wei Chan
    Jocelyn Murray Boyne
    Michael Power
    Aisling Connell

Starting/ending: 08:30 - 09:30 pm

Moving on, join us as we merge Irelands top Dj’s from all over the world, to experience the true quality of music. These Dj’s take us through their awesome sessions with the rhythm of their music we will party through the night and experience this mutual culture, endure the nights beat for this breathe taking experience - this will not be forgotten for the simple fact the impact difference we will make in this child’s life while doing what we do best and that’s meeting friends, family and making the party. So join us while we raise funds for Tyra-Jade so she too can feel the beat, let her breathe and give Tyra the taste of this rhythm we all so common too, let’s give young Tyra life by attending this event or simply making a donation. All funds raised go towards the Tyra-Jade’s heart fund!!! “Boom boom chew”

Starting 10pm until late
    17 Dj’s
    Three floors :

Top floor
    Dj Sparke
    Dj Mark Greene
    Dj Al Byrne
    Dj William H vs Dj Michael K
    Dj Jay Cisco

Main floor
    Dj Fabio Lisi
    Dj Sadas
    Dj Mass-one
    Dj Massi_S
    Dj Danny Alonzo

The Cave
    Dj Mush
    Dj Jp Stanfield
    Dj Arte
    Dj Frankie De Frog
    Dj Minde M

Entertainment
    Fire breather Reception
    Go-Go Dancers
    Potographers
    Live video

Sposors:
    Nomad sound
    We sound loud
    Surrender
    Caveman Super Snacks
    Playground
    Global NRG
    Good bits
    Loka Parties: Info on request
    After power: Info on request

Website: www.help-tyra.co.za, Polina Poli www.polinapoli.com, Global NRG www.globalnrg.ie Good bits: www.thegoodbits.net.
    www.cavemansupersnacks.ie
    www.help-tyra.co.za
    Face book Group: Help Tyra group

If you wish to donate:
    Bank name: Permanent TSB
    Name: Tyra-Jade Heart Fund
    Sort code: 990659
    Account number:19141030
    Iban:IE43IPBS99065919141030
    BIC:IPBSIE2D

Tickets 10 Euro from dj's and promoters

Available on: www.tickets.ie 12 euro

text 0862232494/ 0851295987

Tyra Jades story

Tyra-Jade Brooks was born the 7th of November 2003. I (Sharon Brooks) was twenty two years old and very excited to have my first baby! I still remember my husband (Justin Brooks) holding Tyra at the hospital and saying she is perfect -ten fingers and ten toes! Tyra was tiny only weighing 2.5kgs. I was scared when we took her home. Tyra was battling to feed and I remember been beside myself! We tried everything and then at six days old we took her to a Paediatrician who is still sees Tyra today! While checking Tyra the Paediatrician turned to us and told us “Your daughter is Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome) “ and showed us her hands and eyes, by then we were in such shock. I looked at my husband and had thoughts, emotions, feelings of anger, brokenness and in fact all I could think about was whatever I had hopes I had of her becoming something when she grew up was far away! We left and all through the days I felt guilt and what did I do to deserve this child with a disability. What did I do wrong? I had a healthy pregnancy and did all the blood tests required and specialized scans and was told throughout my pregnancy Tyra was a healthy baby girl!

This was a difficult time as a first time Mom! Honestly I wanted nothing to do with Tyra but thank the Lord my husband was a pillar of strength and took care of Tyra with the help and support of family and friends. Justin never gave up on his Daughter no matter what, he accepted her! My mom (Lorraine Haughey) handed Tyra to me for a little while everyday and on the last day I remember holding her and thinking in my head how selfish I was being. Tyra was a few weeks old and totally depending on me to love her and feed her, she is totally unaware that's she is different or what the world is about and here I am complaining about how imperfect she is or what everyone is going to think! I took deep breaths and the tears came down, I looked at her with love and protection and realised that when I chose her name it meant “Battle of God!”

Since that day I never looked back! Tyra-Jade is an angel from heaven! Tyra spreads so much love and joy too everyone! She is a fighter, and has been in and out of hospital with heart problems and still she smiles all the time! Some people treat her differently but she will still hug them with everything in her! Once she grips hold of your heart you will love her forever. It’s hard to explain how amazing and lucky I am to have her in my life! I have not one regret! My heart is filled with hope for Tyra to be dependent and happy! It takes time for Tyra to be taught the simple things that we all take for granted but she is very capable of doing everything a normal child does! When she was four years old and I had been teaching her too jump for a long while, we went to a friends braai and she jumped on their deck it was such an accomplishment I was so excited people thought I was crazy! Tyra is like any other child, she just needs the extra attention when being taught! A friend once said “ You'll manage, all it is, is reading a story a few more times!

Tyra is now 7yrs old and loves Barbie, Tinkerbell, singing and drawing! The reason I am telling you about Tyra is because she is in need of Open Heart Surgery to replace a valve. There are only two surgeons that can perform her specialized operation and their rooms are situated at Sunninghill Hospital in Johannesburg.

We are asking for everyone and anyone's assistance with regards to Fundraising for Tyra’s operation. The financial costs involved are overwhelming! The first cost we have to come up with, is the deposit of R200 000.00 which has to be paid to Sunninghill Hospital by August 2011 in order for the Heart Operation to go forward.

Banking details are as above and we are in the process of having a Website created. On the website will be Banking details, updates on Tyra and her progress through the procedure and if you would like to do any fundraising to help towards Tyra’s operation, you can forward all your Fundraising photo’s to the following email address tyra.jade.brooks@gmail.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it which we will then put on the website and we will mention the Name of the Institution who did the Fundraising. There will also be a Facebook link!

EVERYONE IS WELCOME,
    PLEASE SHARE THIS EVENT WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS,
    HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE

Advertisement