Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

college park accomodation advice?

Options
  • 12-06-2011 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

hi been offered a place in postgrad college park on campus in dcu wondering what its like? no need to link i've read all the official ones!

all advice appreciated and taken on board.

also I put a few friends names down to live together, all lads, but they said they cant put us all together. does that mean they have half and half of lads and girls in each apartment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

I got the same offer too for the deluxe. I dunno whether to accept or wait till the offers for postgrad block in July/August. So I would like to know which is better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 why.not

I don't know if you already found this topic before but there is some useful information there : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56965004

I hope it'll help !

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Orlaithface

if you fancy being ripped off at every opportunity then.yeah, college park is sound!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭T2daK

if you fancy being ripped off at every opportunity then.yeah, college park is sound!

i hear it's very popular though and class facilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

College park is great.
    Warm, comfortable, spacious.
    You have your own room, your own ensuite.
    If you sit down and do the calculations, campus accommodation is not wildly more expensive than living in a house off campus.
    I reckon it'd be ~1000e more, per year, then where I live now (somewhere with very low rent for around here, and a small house leading to smaller bills).

I lived there last year, and lived in larkfield the year before. People will forever whine and moan "oh it's too small", "oh the charge us all the time", "oh security are pricks".
    College park ain't too small. If it is, I'd wonder what you're used to.
    They charge you for stuff that you know about in advance.
    Security are fine if you don't give them hassle. Don't party every night and you're good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭T2daK

Nanaki wrote: »
    College park is great.
    Warm, comfortable, spacious.
    You have your own room, your own ensuite.
    If you sit down and do the calculations, campus accommodation is not wildly more expensive than living in a house off campus.
    I reckon it'd be ~1000e more, per year, then where I live now (somewhere with very low rent for around here, and a small house leading to smaller bills).

I lived there last year, and lived in larkfield the year before. People will forever whine and moan "oh it's too small", "oh the charge us all the time", "oh security are pricks".
    College park ain't too small. If it is, I'd wonder what you're used to.
    They charge you for stuff that you know about in advance.
    Security are fine if you don't give them hassle. Don't party every night and you're good.

thanks for your feedback. made me pay my deposit ;)

Advertisement