Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank guns

Options
  • 12-06-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the laws are about buying a blank handgun. I have seen them for sale on holidays in Spain and I don't know what the laws are about buying them at home or even bringing one back with me or buying blank bullets for them. Do you need to have a licence for one or are the allowed. I have a pair of .22s, a .223 and a shotgun so a licence shouldn't be a problem.

I would be getting on as a tool dog training tool for gun shyness etc.

I would appreciate some help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭paddy2008

you should be able to buy one at your local firearm dealer and as far as i am aware they are just a buy over the counter item!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Alchemist2

You will need a letter from your local super for this i had to get one recently its for the purposes of buying the ammo just submit a brief letter saying that you require it for gundog training... i have a copy i think i can mail you on if you so wish

Advertisement