Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iMesh is meshing with my head!

• 12-06-2011 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum so please move Mods if it is not!

I have some totally crappy and irritating software on my laptop called iMesh and it won't leave :mad: I've uninstalled it on numerous occasions in the Control Panel and yet it rears it's ugly head time and again! It even appears as my homepage eventhough I've gone in and made sure it's on Google under Internet Options. If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Also I am not very techy so if you can please stick to simple language! :oThanks so much in advance, any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

A quick Google search suggests its malware related. Get a decent internet security package and scan with it. Also the internet security should stop it coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Thanks GarIT. I am using Norton, is that what you mean? How do I scan? :o

If you have Norton you shouldn't really be having that problem in the first place. But anyway click start or the windows orb (depending on what version of windows you have) then go to all programs, find Norton, then click on it to start it. A Norton window will appear and there should be an option somewhere in it to let you scan. I don't have Norton on the pc I'm using at the moment but someone else that does might be able to give you more specific instructions. Also how you do it would depends on what version of Norton you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I had a problem getting it of my old laptop, only way I could get shot was to manually find the flies on the hard drive and delete them from there.

If Norton isn't finding it you can use this guide to completely remove it. If you need help following the guide just ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Thanks a million for the link, will try it when I get home to my laptop later

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Run a scan with MalwareBytes Free. That should fix it up :)

Nick

Advertisement