Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New benchrest stock

• 12-06-2011 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭

I've being shooting benchrest on and off for a few years now and now have only one rifle, an Anschutz 1710. I use it mainly for bunny bashing and the odd benchrest competition in Sporting Class. I thought I'd move up into Light Varmint Class and had Pat Sludds of Enniscorthy make me up a benchrest stock. I had it out today in Rathdrum and after a bit of tweaking, shot a card with a score of 250 and 15Xs. With more practice I should get the Xs up past the 20 mark.
    Picture099.jpg
    Picture102.jpg
    The whole rig comes in at just over 10 lbs., heavy enough to shoot free recoil i.e. just using finger and thumb.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

nice stock looks like a good job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Nice shooting Croppy and a nice looking stock, are you putting any pad on the end ?

what scope is that ?? is it a weaver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Croppy Boy

No pad on end, that's the finished item. The idea is to shoot free recoil, the only thing touching the gun is your finger and thumb. The less contact you have, the less things can go wrong. (At least that's the theory)

And yes, it's a weaver T36 scope with target dot reticle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 baal

i have seen a few stocks to come of out Pat Sludds and they have all been pretty damn good
    he certainly seems to know what he is at

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Milsey

Do ypu mind if I ask how much the stock cost please. Thanks. lookig to get a F/Tr one made by someone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Croppy Boy

€350 seems to be his standard price, for this you get a custom made stock, made to measure.

Advertisement