Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would anyone happen to know

Options
  • 12-06-2011 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Where I might get

Impulse - Ellen Hopkins
    The Luckiest girl in the world - Steven Levenkron
    Skin Game - Caroline Kettlewell.

I've already tried chapters, that place on dawson street, easons, and Hugh and Hughes. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Triamour

Would the bookshops you tried not order it in for you?

I work in a bookshop, and I am sorry to say that 'The Luckiest Girl in the World' is out of print, so can't be ordered by a shop (but you could try the internet for it). The other two titles could easily be acquired for you by any bookshop (including the one I work in, but that's not a plug!)

Good luck with the search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Why not order from Amazon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭bigsmokewriting

Ask one of them to order them in for you (or if they won't, the Gutter Bookshop on Cow's Lane is great at ordering stuff in - but most of those bookshops should be good with ordering stuff in - Hodges Figgis get a fair bit of YA stuff imported so maybe ask them about Impulse) - and as for the out-of-print one, Amazon is your best bet (it's worth keeping an eye on in Chapters and other second-hand places, but Levenkron's Best Little Girl, the anorexia one, is more likely to turn up than Luckiest Girl, it was much more widely read here). Also make sure you're asking at the bookshops whether they have them - they might be putting them in strange places (e.g. Skin Game could go in general memoir/biography or in with health/mental health; Impulse is YA but it might not be shelved that way). Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

All three are on bookdepository.co.uk for well under a tenner each. And they do free delivery worldwide. No minimum order amount.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't really like ordering off the net though. My list was originally six books, I ordered 'Cut' from easons (3 week waiting) and I got 'red tears' and 'scarred its hard to keep a secret when its written all your body' from chapters' I showed the guy in there the list and he said those were the only ones he could get :(

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

I can understand your reluctance to order off the internet. However I've ordered loads of books from The Book Depository over the last few months as they had a great discount code. The prices were excellent, free delivery good service. I've had no problems with them at all. My main reason for using them is the lower price.

So if number10a has found them all for you on the Book Depository site, that would make it easy for you.

I've also ordered from the Gutter Book Shop, they are also very good. You can just e-mail them first to see if they can order in the books for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

How long does delivery take? (from the book depository)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

I ordered books from booksellers.ie last monday and they arrived friday. They were from a college reading list with specific publishers and editions. Surprisingly, they were cheaper than a bookshop I went to, who hadn't got them by the way. I paid 32 euro for four books including delivery. I am usually reluctant to order online too, but the fact that they had the specific editions and the prices swung it.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

cloud493 wrote: »
    How long does delivery take? (from the book depository)

Just under a week usually. I've never had to wait long. I think it's a great service, way cheaper too.

Have a look at the website, they are offering a new discount (10%) at the moment. They e-mailed me to send 5 friends e-mail addresses in order to get the discount. If you want me to send your e-mail address, let me know. Otherwise you might be able to get the discount yourself by registering on the site.

There was a 10% discount for the whole month of May, I got loads of books! It's a good deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement