Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 years yahoo mail lost

• 12-06-2011 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi,

Hope I'm in the right place. Have never posted a tech issue before.

Opened my yahoo mail today to discover two years worth of mail disappeared!! It's not in the trash or anywhere else. Some of the stuff in folders is up to date alright, but any of the stuff in main inbox or sent items is all gone, as far back as August 2009. Two of my folders though have been completely emptied!!

Does anyone know where this lost mail could have gone? Nobody messed with my mails. They were coming up fine on my phone until this morning and then this afternoon I logged on online using my sister's 3 modem (normally go online using home or work wifi) and they had all disappeared.

Is there anything I can do to get them back? Has anyone heard of this happening before?

Thanks a million!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I've no idea where it would have gone the most likely thing is someone accidentally clicked something. Is it possible you exceeded your limit for stored mails?

Once mails are gone from all your folders including trash or spam there is no way of getting them back yourself. Maybe if you send and email to yahoo or try to call them they might still have them saved on a backup server somewhere.

Advertisement