Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marca Fina Cigars

• 13-06-2011 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried cigars from Marca Fina before?

I ordered a selection of Panamanian, Honduran, and Dominican cigars today for €26 (14 pieces) with free shipping.

The prices seem really really good for hand rolled, long filler cigars. Online feedback seems positive too.

http://www.marcafina.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Got my package today, very nice looking cigars (they even threw in a few free sticks!).

They don't use humidity controlled packaging but delivery was fast.

I'll post pics if anyone is interested.

As promised, not the best phone pic unfortunately.

20110623195935.jpg

From left to right:
    • 3 Honduras Corona
    • 5 Dominican Republic Slim Panatela
    • 1 Panama Robusto Breve (Short Robusto)
    • 4 Panama Coronita
    • 1 Free Cigar, can't remember what variety

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 545 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Any feedback on these Tomco?

Overall, decent. Not top drawer, but I don't think you can get better for the price (I'll be very happy if you can correct me on this :))

Wasn't a fan of the Slim Panatela's, I thought they were rolled a bit too tight and didn't humdify well. Smoked bitter.

Enjoyed the Panama Coronita's the most probably, although they did get a little spongey in the humidor. Nice mild smoke.

The wrappers are quite thin and I found myself tearing the wrapper on 2 cigars while cutting (didn't really make much of a difference though).

Haven't smoked the Robusto yet, does seem to be the best constructed of the cigars.

I will be making another order soon, they have some aged cigars on special at the moment for €2. I'll also be getting a few Robusto's and maybe a Churchill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Partagas

TomCo wrote: »
    Overall, decent. Not top drawer, but I don't think you can get better for the price (I'll be very happy if you can correct me on this :))

Wasn't a fan of the Slim Panatela's, I thought they were rolled a bit too tight and didn't humdify well. Smoked bitter.

Enjoyed the Panama Coronita's the most probably, although they did get a little spongey in the humidor. Nice mild smoke.

The wrappers are quite thin and I found myself tearing the wrapper on 2 cigars while cutting (didn't really make much of a difference though).

Haven't smoked the Robusto yet, does seem to be the best constructed of the cigars.

I will be making another order soon, they have some aged cigars on special at the moment for €2. I'll also be getting a few Robusto's and maybe a Churchill.

What sort of packaging do they arrive in Tomco? does the package state CIGARS, (And an post fleece you for a customs charge??) .. has happened me before from a few different sites, Just making sure before I place an order..

• Advertisement

Arrive in a large brown cardboard box filled with news paper and bubble wrap. There were no indications of the contents on the outside of the box, just an address label.

I myself got stuck with a large customs bill this month ordering Partagas Shorts from puroexpress :(

Just ordered the following today:

1 Double Corona Single Nicaragua
    1 Brazil Single Coronita
    1 Nicaragua Lonsdale Single
    1 Brief Brazil Robusto (Short Robusto) Single
    4 Nicaragua Robusto Single
    3 Brazil Robusto Single
    1 Brazil Churchill Single
    1 Panama Short Panetela "extra aged"

Should be interesting!

These arrived last week (in completely nondescript packaging) , they're currently resting but I will be smoking two of them next week.

My new humidor also arrived!
    Its absolutely stunning, but much larger than I expected. It had been re-purposed as a chocolate box (????) which meant the seals were removed :(
    I'm pretty sure I can do a job on it though, €50 was a steal for a cedar lined mahogany box.

Anyone know where I can get some cedar boards/planks?

Haven't had a chance to smoke many of the latest order, but so far the Nicaraguan range seems to very good.

The Nicaragua Double Corona was especially nice. Creamy to start with a slight acidic bite (reminded me of coleslaw!), lovely even burn, stronger in the last 2 3rds but nothing like a full bodied cuban.

Burn time a bit shorter than expected due to under filling, draw a bit lose, wrapper a bit thin. Overall though they represent very good value for money.

I also tried a Brazil Single Coronita, but in contrast I found it a bit of nasty 1 dimensional smoke which I would rather not revisit. I haven't tried a larger format Brazilian yet so I can't form a full opinion.

So far I think robusto size and up Nicaraguans are the ones to go for if you're interested in trying some nice cigars that won't break the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

And you got charged no import duty or tax whatsoever?

• Advertisement

Sam Mac wrote: »
    And you got charged no import duty or tax whatsoever?

Not a cent, the box is totally nondescript except for a plain white address label. Contents are not stated. This was my second order.

Of course I would have been totally happy to pay any duty incurred had I been requested to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Discussion of the evasion of duties is against the forum policy.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Smoking a Brazilian robust at the moment, its like smoking a copy of the daily mail. Don't waste your time.

Anyone actually bothered to try these yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 unpluggedjack

I know this is an old thread but came across it when I was thinking of ordering from Marcafina.de

As a relative newbie to cigars I'm no expert but am very happy with my experiences with marca fina so far. The Robusto and Coronas I ordered (mixture of Panama and Dominican) seem to be good quality and smoke really well.

I then ordered some Dominican panatelas and although a good size (bigger than a European panatela) these seemed to be of indifferent construction. Some have smoked well, some loose filled or plugged so didn't smoke well. Could just be a bad batch?

When ordering from UK I had to pay by bank transfer but no problems with this and you even get a discount. I can recommend transferwise.com to send the money as it's much cheaper than using your bank. Only cost me £1 in charges!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 unpluggedjack

to clarify a previous point - these seem to be duty paid at source in Germany. That's what the receipt seems to indicate. So I guess no further duty should need to be paid in UK? but the box does not state contents anyway so unlikely to be inspected at customs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

to clarify a previous point - these seem to be duty paid at source in Germany. That's what the receipt seems to indicate. So I guess no further duty should need to be paid in UK?
    Tax is due in the destination country, unless you personally transported the goods.

Advertisement