Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blue screen on windows start up

• 13-06-2011 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

when ever i try starting my windows a blue screen pops up and i cant do anything i dont have the origional disk is there anything else i can do

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

Can you press f8 as soon as you see the black screen and just before it trys to boot into windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

practice wrote: »
    Can you press f8 as soon as you see the black screen and just before it trys to boot into windows.
    yeah and it gives the run in safe mode etc.but when i hit run in safe mode it just goes back to the blue screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

We really cant help unless you post the details of the error... You will probably need the CD, do you even have a sticker on the side of the PC (with the license details) OR an i386 on C:\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Does it stay on the blue screen long enough to get the Stop 0x000000XX error? Do you know that code?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

chin_grin wrote: »
    Does it stay on the blue screen long enough to get the Stop 0x000000XX error? Do you know that code?
    it says 'stop: 0x000000ED (0x82F3BE30,0xC000000D,0x00000000,0x00000000)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

ap1986 wrote: »
    it says 'stop: 0x000000ED (0x82F3BE30,0xC000000D,0x00000000,0x00000000)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297185

Is there anyone you could borrow an XP installation disk from? Just to run a chkdsk /r.

If you're worried about retrieving files download the iso file of ubuntu burn it to a disk and boot from it. You should be able to choose "run from cd" option to try out the operating system and the windows drive should load up.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

EDIT: Bear in mind that this is just to copy files from the Windows installation to an external device if needs be.

Advertisement