Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children who won't sleep

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Op here.

well, as I predicted, last night was pretty challenging to say the least. Myself and hubby fought most of the evening (over the bedtime routine) and the bedtime routine went out the window. Little fella was shouting down the stairs at 10.30 that he couldnt go to sleep and eventually went into our bed just after eleven.
    Things had calmed down by this evening...tonight was much more positive and hubby agreed that we had to be on the same page...so after a little bit of tension, we both calmed down and did what Id done a couple of nights ago.
    The little fella is asleep in his own room since 9.45- im online at the moment ordering pizza :-)
    Long may it last, and thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Good for you, you have to stick together on this, as a team. You now both know what works and what doesn't, keep doing what works, you need to support eachother on this issue and don't cave in under pressure....you may also find that the stress of this situation, once removed, things will improve generally...while kids are great, couples also need time to relax / chill on their own too at the end of the day,
    Hope it works out, don't see any reason why it shouldn't,
    Keep on keeping on, you will get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

My kids are only babies but we used go for family runs when I was younger as my brothers were mad! Routine and running is what my mother always said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

My kids are only babies but we used go for family runs when I was younger as my brothers were mad! Routine and running is what my mother always said.

:D

Advertisement