Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gather up pc gurus! My mouse died! Need new one!

Options
  • 13-06-2011 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

R.I.p. My buddy. We had some good and bad times, but it was a good ride in the end!

It was some razor/Microsoft mouse. Not the high end, but did what I needed. So I need a new friend now. ;) can you give me a hand finding one?

First of all I need a mouse, which wont rob all my cheese in the fridge. So something sensible price wise. Does not need to be pussy magnet hardcore gamer 5000 edition etc,just something that would be above or average in gaming community. Only wired, hate that wireless crap.

If there is some half decent gaming mat from same place, it would be handy too!

Haven't checked what's out in ages, so I would not know how prices bottomed out and what to expect. Even older cheaper gaming mouse would do the trick!

Cheers lads!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Logitech MX 518 has served me well, wont break the bank but more than enough to help break other players hearts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah the mx518 is a great mouse, have had mine for about 5 years now and still going strong!
    Other good choices would be the razer deathadder or microsoft intellimouse 3.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cheers lads, keep them coming!

Any good place to get them from? I heard amazon is not shipping to Ireland :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you heard wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah they ship to Ireland, play.com on the other hand don't ship electronics here :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Get a logitech one or a Roccat Kone.

Don't buy razer!! They use to be good but not their products are terrible. I've had mice go unresponsive mid game and require to be constantly plugged out and in. I don't know if it's the hardware or their drivers but I never suffered this with any other brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Roccat seem to be new on the scene, and other people swear by Razor,

but I'm a logitech fanboy :P , and the G5 is the way to go :) , i've had the MX510 and 518 to it previously.

The G7 is the same, except its wireless, but I don't dig wireless peripherals for my PC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Logitech G9x. Currently using a G9 which is a fantastic mouse. Two different grips, adjustable weights (personally like a heavy mouse), two thumb buttons, and adjustable DPI on the fly. Although might be a bit too expensive for your budget.
    17697.png

I used bouth: logitech and razor. I can't say bad thongs at all about both. So bouth would do equally for me.

Even this razor mouse would still be alive and kicking if not some frustrating Starcraft rated matches, lol matches, some nerd rage on fps and lagg...

If I would have anger management classes that mouse still would be alive! Yesterday it gave up On me :(

Any opinions on this sharkoon fireGlider? It's the most stupider name I have heard, but I guess that's what nerds like these days. Reviews are spot on for it, but I would be skeptical on brand I newer heard...

I just started scrolling amazon on my phone, I do better viewing when I am back from work.

How are the delivery times for amazon to ireland then so?

Usually about 3 days with free delivery. I have The Witcher 2 premium edition coming from them which shipped on Sunday @ 4:30 p.m. I'd expect it to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday.
    Paid delivery should be quicker but you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

CM Storm Sentinel.

Best gaming mouse I've every used.

I had a Logitech G5 before that (which was also excellent) but the built in features of the Storm Sentinel give it the edge for me.

Adjustable weights, on the fly DPI adjustment, built in macro / script storage, profile storage on the mouse (no need to have the driver installed) so your settings go with you if you bring the mouse to another computer or whatever.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/cooler-master-sentinel-advance-mouse-review-test/

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/peripherals/2009/11/29/cm-storm-sentinel/1

http://www.fudzilla.com/reviews/item/22944-cm-storm-sentinel-zero-g-gaming-mouse-tested

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/product-guide/view/166257

The Zero G is just an updated version of the same mouse.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

+1 on the GX518 and CM Storm Sentinel. Have both of them, both are fantastic mice. Had the G9 but it wasnt to my taste

+1 on the GX518 and CM Storm Sentinel. Have both of them, both are fantastic mice. Had the G9 but it wasnt to my taste

When I got my Sentinel, it was a toss-up between that or the G9.

Tried both, and hated the G9. It just didn't feel like my old G5 (which I loved).

The Sentinel has a more 'older logitech' feel to it, like the MX518 and G5/G7 type IMO.

I've ALWAYS hated Razor mouses. They're long skinny, high bump in the middle, could never get used to them. I remember testing a Copperhead and some other one they had out at the same time and both I thought were pieces of animal excrement.

looking at this so:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CM-Storm-Sentinel-Advance-5600dpi/dp/B002P8XN1S/ref=sr_1_122?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1307972584&sr=1-122

i guess thats a good price for it? is amazon exchange rate decent?

really want to get mouse by friday. alice madness returns out! i bought witcher 2 yesterday and it gave up on witcher! :(

using ****y 3.5 year old dell mouse that came with pc. its horrible!

looking at this so:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CM-Storm-Sentinel-Advance-5600dpi/dp/B002P8XN1S/ref=sr_1_122?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1307972584&sr=1-122

i guess thats a good price for it? is amazon exchange rate decent?

really want to get mouse by friday. alice madness returns out! i bought witcher 2 yesterday and it gave up on witcher! :(

using ****y 3.5 year old dell mouse that came with pc. its horrible!
    With Irish VAT included in there it will set you back €43.

With Irish VAT included in there it will set you back €43.

there is this so a razor mat and that mouse for 50.44 pounds. so i guess i am looking at 65eu?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

There is a lot of love for the Logitech mx518 and G5/G9 - my hand and the G9 don't seem to be compatible and my G5 had a good run but I would honestly say that the Roccat Kone+ is the best mouse I have ever used, the build quality is very high and the actual "feel" of the mouse is second to none I have ever used + High DPI, smooth glide etc.

Avoid the 1st generation Kone's however, their build quality was weaker and served to hurt the Roccat brand for the most part.

holy **** delevery from amazon is 10 pounds! ****!

so its 60 pounds and 72 quid for mouse mat and mouse...

holy **** delevery from amazon is 10 pounds! ****!

so its 60 pounds and 72 quid for mouse mat and mouse...
    Click on the supersaver delivery option.
    actually, because they are being sold by different sellers you'll end up paying for delivery on the mouse mat. Free delivery on the mouse though.

If you choose this one
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-RZ02-00211200-R3M1-Goliathus-Control-Fragged/dp/B002RL9A2Y/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1307974166&sr=8-7
    you can get it on the free delivery option.

Click on the supersaver delivery option.

ffs mouse mat does not let me to take supersaver delevery... so one goes by saver delevery, the ather one by normal... so i get them bouth seperatly so?

• Advertisement

ffs mouse mat does not let me to take supersaver delevery... so one goes by saver delevery, the ather one by normal... so i get them bouth seperatly so?
    Check the link in my previous post. Slight price difference but you wont be paying for delivery.

Also fyi, that mouse mad I linked to as an alternative is slightly different form the one you were trying to get. One is a speed mouse mat and the other is a control mouse mat. I doubt there is much difference tbh but I thought I should let you know either way.

Check the link in my previous post. Slight price difference but you wont be paying for delivery.

you are a star, i own you a pint if there will be some boards.ie gamer meet!

worked out 55 quid i think.

cheers lads!

the winner is the one that i cant remember name off :p

i know cherry wount steer me wrong direction and all of you too lads ;)#

looks like that mouse is a bargain for what it can do. that "logitech g9x?" was newer my cup of the tea, but i heard alot of good about that older one "518?". Now lets hope i wount be F'ed with delevery times!

edit:
    Delivery estimate: 23 Jun 2011
    Dispatch estimate for these items: 20 Jun 2011

crap...

you are a star, i own you a pint if there will be some boards.ie gamer meet!

worked out 55 quid i think.
    You sure you clicked the supersaver delivery? Sometimes that option needs to be clicked twice. The first click doesn't seem to register. The CM sentinel mouse and the mouse mat that I linked to are coming up at £49.01 for me.

You sure you clicked the supersaver delivery? Sometimes that option needs to be clicked twice. The first click doesn't seem to register. The CM sentinel mouse and the mouse mat that I linked to are coming up at £49.01 for me.

its 57eu converted and fourty something pounds m8. bouth super saver delevery. i allways try to do my best when checking the final payout. once i allmoust shiped parts for mx5 in to: england cork....

edit:
    Delivery estimate: 23 Jun 2011
    Dispatch estimate for these items: 20 Jun 2011

crap...
    That's due to the two different products, although both qualifying for free delivery, are being shipped by different companies.

The mouse mat is what will hold it up. Dispatch for the mouse alone wont be until the 18th, mouse mat is the 114th btw
    In stock.
    Items for dispatch to UK will be sold by Amazon's Preferred Merchant
    Sorry bout that Shadow :o

That's due to the two different products, although both qualifying for free delivery, are being shipped by different companies.

The mouse mat is what will hold it up.

Sorry bout that Shadow :o

DAMN! its grand, as long as i get it lol. still good price though. i presume i needed not to group up items then so.

DAMN! its grand, as long as i get it lol. still good price though. i presume i needed not to group up items then so.
    You'll only be able to split the order if you are paying for delivery, and even then, you'll have to pay an extra couple of pounds on top of the standard delivery to allow you do this. As far as I can make out anyway.

You'll only be able to split the order if you are paying for delivery, and even then, you'll have to pay an extra couple of pounds on top of the standard delivery to allow you do this. As far as I can make out anyway.

ah grand so, i actuolly spent less then i expected, and got a mat too ;)

happy days! now just make sure that misses would not see delevery!

• Advertisement

ah grand so, i actuolly spent less then i expected, and got a mat too ;)

happy days! now just make sure that misses would not see delevery!

You won't be disappointed, the CM Storm Sentinel is a quality mouse.

I love mine.

Advertisement